Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $ 399.99 $ a good price for a Yoshimura Comp Series Full System Exhaust (TRS system) ? Does any one know where I can find it cheaper? thanks

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I think that is a very good price considering my pro circiut titanium slip-on was $459 and $250 for the header pipe, which I didn't buy because I don't race so I didn't need the header pipe!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I AM NOT TRYING TO START WAR HEAR BUT I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH YOSH. AND WAS ASKING WHAT THE POWER GAINS WHERE AND HEAR WAS THERE RESPONSE.
34.4STOCK HP/ 37.8 WITH PIPE. 25 FTLBS/ 29.7FTLBS. I WAS FLOORED CAUSE I HAVE HAD 4 OF THERE PIPES AND I LOVED THEM BUT THATS CRAZY. WAY LOWER THAN HMF. CAUSE I WAS BETWEEN THE 2 AND I GUESS I AM SOLD ON THE HMF NOW. MY RAPTOR WITH YOSH MADE GOOD POWER. YFZ WITH YOSH TRI OVAL.... COULD BE A LITTLE BETTER AND MY V FORCE PIPES WERE AWSOME ALL THOUGH POWERBAND. BUT THE #'S SEEM A LITTLE LOW COMPARED TOO 7 HP AND 13 TQ OF THE HMF

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hp hear or a HP there, just make sure you're happy with the looks and the sound of the pipe. I really don't think one pipe will make a complete difference unless you add something else to it. Buy what you like and be happy. I did three things to mine and didn't even get a pipe that everyone else is talking about and my bike is a rocket. I have it under engine/ TRX450R mods. :mellow:

·
Registered
91 Posts
TDS450r, i got the full system trs yoshi and your correct the pipe comes w/ a dyno sheet showing about 3hp gains but they dynowed it with no air box modification and stock jetting........ the tuning recommendations on the instructions say for better performance remove snorkle and intall 145 main jet. so i think that if you take off the air box lid completly and install a 185 main jet you should get just as much gains as anybody elses pipe. i know of a place that has them for $420.00 including tax

·
Registered
659 Posts
I went and piced one up today and it is awsome I already had the HRC kit, so I took off the airbox lid put in a 195 main jet and turned the air screw out 2.5 turns. This thing really woke it up more it pulls harder and is a lot more responsive. I would recommend it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I RETRACT MY POST ABOUT THE YOSHI. I TALKED TO THEM TODAY AND THEY SAID THAT THE PIPE WAS DYNOED WITH STOCK JETTING AND AIR BOX LID ON. SO WHEN YA LOSE AIRBOX LID AND JET UP THE PIPE PROBALLY IS JUST AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER. AND IAM NOW UP BETWEEN THE HMF AND YOSH

·
Registered
552 Posts
How load is the Yoshi...Does anyone have any numbers...I don't mind it being load but I just don't want to load.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I agree with ya holeshot, I'll probly end up with one. There was one last week at silver lake and it sounded great. Although if it's alittle too loud for you yet you can get the TEC endcaps and quiet it down some more. I ran the TEC endcaps in my z and with the larger of the 2 endcaps it sounded about right although I never tried the smallest one........

·
Registered
552 Posts
How do you like it? Give us some pros and con's. Is it heavy? let us know....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts