Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they tested the quad and it has 72 horse he cant do any more to his engine but fix it its nuts it rips if u dont belive me theres lots of quads with hundreds of horse and there fourstroke there is some 2 stroke

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by rider@Sep 7 2004, 02:03 PM
they tested the quad and it has 72 horse he cant do any more to his engine but fix it its nuts it rips if u dont belive me theres lots of quads with hundreds of horse and there fourstroke there is some 2 stroke
show me a quad with a stock engine that has over 100 horsepower!....if theres hundreds of them then you should be able to post one right up, 2 stroke or 4 stroke!....the ones you are talking about have motor swaps. They put in snowmobile or Street bike motors to get that many ponies. I still dont believe you and neither does anyone else on this site. So can you please just drop this issue. I dont care if his ATV has 1000 horsepower, youve done ruined it....this subject should be closed.

Oh yeah Im waiting to see your post of any atv that has a stock engine and puts out over 100 horsepower....As a matter of fact try to find one that puts out 65 horsepower.......oh and good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i wanna see a dyno and/or pics of the wheeler with 72 horsies

or i think some sort of punishment is due

not that i can do anything but just a suggestion

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
he brought it up agian because the admin closed his other thread....because it trailed off to nowhere...the same thing should be done to this one cuz its just the same thing over and over

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Lude or Dez, can one of you guys call me tommorow and remind me to call Curtis Sparks so I can find out how much Horsepower to expect from a 440ex. If he says 72 RWHP than I will re-open this ridiculous thread for all to see and give my moderator position to rider, if he doesn't than rider needs to shut his pie hole about horsepower because he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Does this sound like a fair bet to you horsepower boy?

I'm just giving you a hard time rider, your still a young kid with lots to learn. You should try to read posts by guys like mixxer, 86atc250r, pipes, desert_450r, Ticeman and I'm sure I'm missing a few others, but these guys have a wealth of knowledge and help me learn something new just about every time I read one of there posts. I might not be the best speller or know the most out of everyone about engines either but I try to better my knowledge every single day.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Ok, I just got off the phone with Jeff at sparks racing and the following are the numbers he gave me.

416 maxxed out on alcohol 40 to 42 hp

440 maxxed out on alcohol 42 to 46 hp

465 maxxed out on alcohol 49 to 53 hp

They once made a 505 but it was busting the cases and everything even after welding and modifing the cases!

I will leave the thread open for a little while to see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I noticed Rider hasnt chimmed back in here.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 8 2004, 12:23 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with Jeff at sparks racing and the following are the numbers he gave me.

416 maxxed out on alcohol 40 to 42 hp

440 maxxed out on alcohol 42 to 46 hp

465 maxxed out on alcohol 49 to 53 hp

They once made a 505 but it was busting the cases and everything even after welding and modifing the cases!

I will leave the thread open for a little while to see how it goes.
Is that alcohol, Jack and Coke!!! :lol: :lol:

I suppose if your drunk enough. 5 hp can feel like 10hp. Maybe it had lots of stickers!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
well if steve did not get rid of his dyno sheet ill put it on

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by bryn 271@Sep 8 2004, 06:19 PM
well if steve did not get rid of his dyno sheet ill put it on
Bryn, look man its not a big deal, just like mixxer said the dyno could have been set up wrong giving it a false reading. If Curtis Sparks, the greatest 4 stroke engine builder in the world 4 years running tells me that a alcohol breathing built to the hills 440ex built under his care is putting out 42 to 46 hp, I would believe him any day over someone saying 72 hp, sorry. Mabey your friend added the torque and horsepower together to get the 72, just a though. <_<

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
hey i think he did that because he said 71 all toghther

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by bryn 271@Sep 9 2004, 10:00 AM
Thats cool, I figured it had to be something like that. :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by bryn 271@Sep 9 2004, 09:00 AM
I sure would like to see a 450R with that kind of HP. It would be one fast S.O.B.!!

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
i'm VERY glad to see that sparks gave genuine hp readings to you guys! i will tell you all right no and straight up that the majority of the numbers you see in the ads are total BS!

the problem is when one guy says "my setup gives you +7hp" the next guy says "mine gives you +11hp" on and on ad nauseum

then if some guy wants to not play the game and say "mine gives an honest +6hp" everyone will think his setup sucks.

true story: several weeks ago a friend of a friend wanted to test one of his 2 crf450 motored race quads on my dyno. he built both of them with houser frame\suspension work last year before honda announced the trx450r. the one he wanted to test just came back from a well known engine builder who swore this motor package would pull at least 60hp on a dyno run.

the result: 40.15peak hp and a not so happy owner after the runs.

......................mixxer

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
A honda 450r with the Balistics turbo charged, intercooled, and blow off valve is only putting down about 60 horses....and this 400ex is supposed to be putting down 72 ponnies naturally asperated.....thats funny sh!t :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts