Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... what if we change the compression of a stock TRX450R to 11.9 while keeping everything else stock would it outrun YFZ450 :huh: ? Cuz i dont think its fair to compare the performance of the two quads while they have different compressions. I know for a fact that increasing the compression would give you an overall increase in power through out the RPM. So why dont Honda boost the compression for the 2005 models to 12 or atleast to 11.5?! Then TRX450R will RULE :) !!!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thats like saying its not fair to compare the two with the Honda motor being a 449cc and the Yammi only being 439. And the YFZ has a smaller carb :D . The TRX is fast enough with stock compression but just like the YFZ, you just have to uncork it a little. The lower compression also make the motor not as "high strung" as the YFZ. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reliability.

The trx comes with a 6mo warranty, whereas the crf does not.
The Honda is a true 450cc, which is 11cc more than than Yamaha. The Honda also has a longer stroke. The Yamaha is not exactly faster anways. The Honda has more low end grunt and a higher top speed by quite a few mph.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by mattYFZ450@Sep 17 2004, 02:57 PM
Thats like saying its not fair to compare the two with the Honda motor being a 449cc and the Yammi only being 439.   And the YFZ has a smaller carb  :D .  The TRX is fast enough with stock compression but just like the YFZ, you just have to uncork it a little.  The lower compression also make the motor not as "high strung" as the YFZ. :)
Well said mattYFZ450, I guess wisdom comes naturally when your name is Matt! :D Thats my name as well. Another example is saying you can't compare a 6.6 Duramax, 6.0 Powerstroke, and 5.9 Cummins becuase they are different sizes. You can't go off of WHAT IF'S. You have to deal with the hand thats dealt.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
6.0 Stroke Banks Power Pack and 6 Gunner......... :D

It is hard to beat the OL Cummins though...... :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Sep 17 2004, 08:56 PM
6.0 Stroke Banks Power Pack and 6 Gunner......... :D

It is hard to beat the OL Cummins though...... :lol:
Good luck keeping the 6.0 HavinaStroke running! j/k The Cummins is a good motor, just needs to come in a true 4 door. I personaly own a lifted black Duramax, It has 44,000 trouble free miles running an Edge stacked with a Hypertech. Now back to the original post, neither quad comes exactly like you would like it to from the factory. But half the fun is customizing them! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts