Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to possibly install a yfz fcr carb on my 04 450R. What do I need as far as an intake adapter or hot start issues? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
tps will wire up u just need to cross reference the wire colors , theres a thread on this site about it, hotstart will work aswell the yfz carb has a black plug u just take off and put ur stock hotstart cable in, youll need a adapter to run 04-05 parts intake wise, if not just get some 06-08 intake stuff, some have needed a different size fuel line, mine didnt, but i think mine was allready setup for a honda now that i think about it..

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yep, what ^^he^^ said. I run a yfz carb as well. I did have to go to a smaller fuel line though. If you want to run an aftermarket intake, you'll need an adapter like the noss, rat, dasa, etc. If you want to run an airbox, you can install an 06-newer airbox and boot with no other mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, what ^^he^^ said. I run a yfz carb as well. I did have to go to a smaller fuel line though. If you want to run an aftermarket intake, you'll need an adapter like the noss, rat, dasa, etc. If you want to run an airbox, you can install an 06-newer airbox and boot with no other mods.[/b]

Will a ESR intake for a 06+ fit with a YFZ carb on an 04 r? I sure hope it does, cause 06 esr intake is on the way at the moment...I don't see why it wouldn't...hmmm

·
Registered
571 Posts
QUOTE(sandshots @ Aug 14 2008, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=543846
<div class='quotemain'>what yr yfz fcr did you get?[/b]
Its an 07 YFZ carb, has there been changes?
[/b]

i dont think so, you should be good to go.
[/b][/quote]

Sweet, thanks!
[/b][/quote]

There are some differencs in yfz carbs thru the years. Nothing you couldn't overcome but for instance in 06 they covered up the hole in the bowl for the fuel screw, and it seems like there is something different about the stock needle as well. But I own two 04 yfz's so I could be all wrong...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I purchased a 04 yfz carb and it is currently out getting a taper bore done. I also just purchased an 07 airbox and parts so i didn't have to run the nos adapter. This may not be the cheaper way out but i noticed a big difference in size regarding the air filters. The 04/05 air filters are rather small compared to the 06 and up. I can't wait to hook it all up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
if you put a 06+ airbox on a 04 05 r i know it will match up to the fcr without using any adapters, but my question is when you put the newer 06+ airbox on the 04 and 05 does the mount holes line up or do you have to modify it? if so how did you go about modding it?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
911 Posts
I have an 07 YFZ carb on my 04 TRX. KBR did the work for me, but the TPS is not hooked up and it runs great, and I had them do the hotstart, which hooks up to your stock cable. Here are some pics I took for a member on here (Bueller) since he was doing his too.

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
In those pics that ESR Intake is way shorter than mine on my 06. The metal tube and the rubber is a lot shorter. Did you shorten it? If so where if any does it help the powerband?

I always thought my ESR was way to long.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the pictures. i just bought an '04 yfz fcr. hopefully i won't have to many problems getting it to work.
what kind of carb were you running before? did you notice a big difference with the fcr
? i'm still running the stock '04. i'm hoping the fcr will really improve the throttle response.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you put a 06+ airbox on a 04 05 r i know it will match up to the fcr without using any adapters, but my question is when you put the newer 06+ airbox on the 04 and 05 does the mount holes line up or do you have to modify it? if so how did you go about modding it?

thanks for the help[/b]
Two of the holes match up and one doesn't. I haven't got the whole thing back together but there should be minimal modification. I was told i might have to by the 06 or newer carb boot that goes from the carb to the head. I am still in the works on this. You should see a lot of difference with throttle responce using this carb. I can post pictures as i go so you can do this mod if you like.

·
Admin
2,546 Posts
What needle should be put in a YFZ 04 FCR carb?

·
Registered
92 Posts
What needle should be put in a YFZ 04 FCR carb?[/b]
I was told to use The NCVQ needle. This is the number on the side of the needle. I beleive it my be the GYTR needle. I have on in my carb.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts