Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my engine rebuilt at Sand Trax, up in Tulsa. First off its a 04' XC racer so I was not going for crazy power, just good solid power for the woods. The build consists of the following>

HotRods Heavy Duty +3mil crank, OEM crank bearings, JE 13:1 piston, +1 exhaust valves, all new OEM valves and springs, light port work on intake and exhaust, stock carb, full HMF Quiet Race Series pipe, all new tranny inards, Notoil air filter, and a Tusk clutch with HD springs.

Now the first two runs were with a 14 tooth front sprocket, and a 39 tooth rear. I also know that they were both way fat on bottom until about 50 mph. We changed the main jet, lowered the rear sprocket from a 39 to a 38 tooth, took the air box lid off, and ran it for the 3rd and most powerful run. 46.35 Hp / 29.49 Torque. Not bad compared to my stocker at 32.1hp / 22.8 torque.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/XC...sh/100_1281.jpg

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Congrats :thumbup: ....14hp and 7ft/lbs is a nice gain.It still seems to be a little fat down low but looks to be running good in the upper portion....there is still a little tuning left in there,but if your happy with the way it's performing that's all that matters.

Youy will really like the way the HR+3 spreads the torque curve out... :yes Combining that with the HRC cam which really wakes up the topend....makes for a strong performer no matter what part of the powerband you are in.

Once again....congrats.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Good stuff , its cool to see the gains and not the peak numbers them self

14hp is a good bit ,

do ya by chance have the new build layed over the stock for curve coparison?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
very nice, how do you like the notoil filter ive beenthinking of getting one, does it clamp around the outside of the intake or go on the inside (if that makes sense?)

thanks and great build for sure!!

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
That's a nice feeling isn't it?
:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts