Honda TRX 450R banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
bannedatatvnews.net
1,495 Posts
Alot of good tips on here guys. Been building up my 05 to race xc. Question about the steering stabilizer, i was reading somewhere on here that if you race xc, dont use a stick type stabilizer, use the other, more expensive kind. i was curious what brands you guys use and what setting you put it at..........
I ran the Elka stage 3 and the GPR. I like the Elka better,but the GPR is good also. I also have a Precision,but I havent had much time on it to really comment. I run the GPR @ a couple clicks to the lowest setting, Elka and Precision are set for little stiffness on the low speed side, and alot more stiffness on the high speed side.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
waoo great tips guys.. something to think about.. also i need the website for that non blister gloves...

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's only cheating if you get caught or have a conscience!!!!

OXYEN FOR THE START
If you desperately want to get the holeshot, it would be possible to have your mechanic pressurize you airbox with pure oxgen from an air cartridge just before the start. The power boost will only last for 3 to 7 seconds, but that's all you will need to get the holeshot. Take a shot yourself.
Titanium axles---with steel caps...
Move the cylinder---shave the cylinder base at an ange to change the cylinder's center line.
N2 your gasoline---At the sametime make your oil-tank with a low spot, nomally this is hard to do...
Nitrous and nitro---This would be my fav,,,so many ways to do it...

I'm not saying cheating is the way to go...
BUT NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am going to try that 'risk' product I think.

Anyways, I am new to racing, but been XC riding for long time. Some good tips I would say is too tune up your bike before you race hard like , oil changes or if you have enough,clean you air filter, tighten up every bolt you can think of lol because I had things fall off . Get your chain right, and everything set comfortable like your handle bars or whatever. I don't know what's else been said just giving some help/ideas .

·
XC racer
523 Posts
never raced XC but been on all day rides up in W.V. and ive raced MX long long time ago. couple tricks i used that I learned in the army. they are for comfort but it works
1. make sure your crack and sack are clean.
2. pack your crack and sack with monkeybutt powder (didnt have that when i was in army, we used baby powder).......cant stress that enough
3. wear tight breifs, boxers will ride up and its uncomfortable
4. rub Bengay or icyhot on your thighs, forearms, lower back and shoulder blades.( i did this and could run 7-10 miles in army and never cramped.
5. BREATHE, BREATHE,BREATHE

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have learned that if you have a practice bike, RIDE IT! I have a completely stock 06 450er that is hard as **** to ride compared to my 05 with stabilizer and stuff, so that I feel like it's easier to race when I get on my 05. I look at it like that weight thing baseball players put on there bats so its hard to swing but when there up to bat they take it off so they can swing easier because it's lighter, thats the way I look at it lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
im looking to get into xc racing and i red this whole forum to help me out. also does your handle bars make a difference? my cr mid bend are real wide bars and i have a set of moose bars that are taller and narrower. would that reduce arm pump?

·
Registered
203 Posts
im looking to get into xc racing and i red this whole forum to help me out. also does your handle bars make a difference? my cr mid bend are real wide bars and i have a set of moose bars that are taller and narrower. would that reduce arm pump?
If you put those bars in Precision shock and vibe clamps then you'll probably get less arm pump. However, I run Flexx bars and still get arm pump halfway through the first lap. It's caused from having a death grip on the bars. To reduce armpump, just ride more and learn to relax your grip a bit. It's alot easier said than done.....I just try to practice riding with my legs more like a dirt bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Uh, and another... HOLD ON! haha. I started racing in '06 and ever since then I STILL cant loosen up my grip on the bars, I got the death grip goin on out there and come in after every race and cant use my hands for anything cause their torn up with blisters... A pro in Whiplash gave me a great tip that I havent been able to try yet but he said to use the Med. tape but go around the tops of your palm all the way around and keep it at a comfortable "tightness"?? so that its not to tight but not too loose its going to rip off, but after that go through each of your fingers, the webbing, and take paices of the tape and double layer it and then go around again on the tops of your palm... Then you are good to go... I also saw a guy had some lil things called "limb savers" The only Limb Savers I have seen are for hunting and I havent found anything like what he had... Anything from anyone?
Uh, and another... HOLD ON! haha. I started racing in '06 and ever since then I STILL cant loosen up my grip on the bars, I got the death grip goin on out there and come in after every race and cant use my hands for anything cause their torn up with blisters... A pro in Whiplash gave me a great tip that I havent been able to try yet but he said to use the Med. tape but go around the tops of your palm all the way around and keep it at a comfortable "tightness"?? so that its not to tight but not too loose its going to rip off, but after that go through each of your fingers, the webbing, and take paices of the tape and double layer it and then go around again on the tops of your palm... Then you are good to go... I also saw a guy had some lil things called "limb savers" The only Limb Savers I have seen are for hunting and I havent found anything like what he had... Anything from anyone?
I believe that they are called Palm Protectors or savers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe that they are called Palm Protectors or savers.
If needed, i Can send you link

41 - 55 of 55 Posts