Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with any xc racing in MO? I searched online a little and found very little. I have never raced competitively but think I want to give it a shot. What I did find was an annual series or two that stretched between MO and surrounding states. I guess I am just surprised there is not something more frequent and less of a drawn out series...

Like I said... I'm new to the competitive racing scene... so maybe this is just how it goes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Thanks. I found the website and linked it below. I am going to have to road trip out and watch some of these. Maybe I will plan to be ready next year.

I have a two yr old that is rocking his 36v quad and will be stepping up to gas within the next year. He falls asleep most nights only after watching gncc on youtube... I need to learn more about how to get him involved when its time.

Thanks for info

Schedule

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that the Missouri hare scramble series is only dirt bikes. I joined their fb page though and they were knowledgeable and helpful. It looks like the ome nationals has a pretty MO centric series. Then there is the Arkansas cross country racing. Which is obviously mostly in AR but they do have MO locations.

http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/#schedule_hdr

http://www.axcracing.com/

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
It would be fun to race in some of these. I have a KDX220 I wouldn't mind trying the motorcycle class with. I would probably finish toward the back of the pack though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have also been considering the whole two wheel route. I considered picking up a 125 smoker just to play around and learn on. I don't have much experience on two wheels off the pavement. But I almost have enough saved up for my suspension work on the 450.

I think a dirtbike would be a lot of fun though. And after looking into this... if I ever did want to compete it would be easier to find some action on two wheels than four.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts