Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the 450r guys be interested in an aluminum gas tank?

i know your gas tanks are visible and not covered by plastics like a raptor persay... but i wanted to take a poll to see if my buddy may have any interest...

he's made a larger capacity aluminum gas tank for the raptor 700s that fits under the stock plastics! he did this because he just built an R1 motor raptor and needed more fuel.. but there was a demand for larger tanks from the desert guys...

i thought i'd throw the idea out because 1... you could paint or polish the aluminum tank would look sweet on a 450r.... you would get more milage out of it....

just a thought. i dropped him a message to see if it'd be something he would like to test the waters with

just talked with him... he said he'll make any atv a gas tank if they want... he just needs a stock one to go by.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
oh man those are extremely nice!!! im about to sell all my suspension and build a drag bike because they look soooooo sweet

im 100% sure there will be a few ppl on here want one of those *COUGH* Norcal *COUGH* (clears throat)

ya know if the price isnt completely up there, what would the price on one of those cost?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Would the 450r guys be interested in an aluminum gas tank?

i know your gas tanks are visible and not covered by plastics like a raptor persay... but i wanted to take a poll to see if my buddy may have any interest...

he's made a larger capacity aluminum gas tank for the raptor 700s that fits under the stock plastics! he did this because he just built an R1 motor raptor and needed more fuel.. but there was a demand for larger tanks from the desert guys...

i thought i'd throw the idea out because 1... you could paint or polish the aluminum tank would look sweet on a 450r.... you would get more milage out of it....

just a thought. i dropped him a message to see if it'd be something he would like to test the waters with

just talked with him... he said he'll make any atv a gas tank if they want... he just needs a stock one to go by.

[/b]

PM SENT

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
looks sweet, what capisity(sp)?

Hondaman are you really going to build a drag bike? That seems like the hot thing to do right now.[/b]

nah i couldnt lol, but wouldnt you like to? i would if i didnt like to ride in more then a straight line

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
looks sweet, what capisity(sp)?

Hondaman are you really going to build a drag bike? That seems like the hot thing to do right now.[/b]

nah i couldnt lol, but wouldnt you like to? i would if i didnt like to ride in more then a straight line
[/b]
I am out of all of my old parts. All ive bought is a tank, subframe and a swinger, and a thumb throttle. :thumbup:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys my friend's name is Rich. His shop is getting up and started. He does powdercoating, fabrication, and lots more.

his regular email is

[email protected]

but his web site is going up and his new email will be

[email protected]

a stock raptor 700 gas tank holds 2.5 gallons. rich's tank holds just under 4 gals and still fits under the stock plastics!

he could go bigger on the raptors and you would have to remove the stock side plastics or modify them...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drop him an email guys. on the raptor ones he's trying to get up a group buy to cut costs as much as possible.

but just email him and he'll let ya'll know. i'm trying to get him to sign up here. he said he'll make any kind of tank you want

1 - 10 of 10 Posts