Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know a lot of people trail ride their 450r's and never have a problem but recently some of my friends have been telling me that if I trail ride my bike will constantly break down and need maintenance. Are they correct?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
negative.. if you treat it properly , ill last a long time..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just keep the oil changed and filter clean and your good to go. They just don't want to be outran is why they're telling you that ;)

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
Your friends have zero clue. About the only thing the 450r needs more is valve adjustments and you better be able to use a clutch well and keep the rpm's up.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Your friends have no idea what they are talking about. Like CJM said you just have to be good with the clutch because they don't like to lug. The more valve adjustments is also something if you ride on the rev limiter constantly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
What is there reasoning behind their statement. What do your friends ride? No your 450 won't break. I just had a guy tell me. That he wished, he never sold his. Because it was the most reliable bike he ever owned.

·
Registered
786 Posts
So I know a lot of people trail ride their 450r's and never have a problem but recently some of my friends have been telling me that if I trail ride my bike will constantly break down and need maintenance. Are they correct?
:eek:oh4: What info is ur friend getting ? These things are tough as nail as long as u due regular maintance to it ! Been riding my05 R hard since new !! Dunes- Trail- Desert U name it !!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My question is what are these people riding that is supposedly better or is it that they're just track riders?

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
So your friends either ride Yamaha or bikes...or both! Keep up on the regular maintenance and you'll last longer than anything!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i want to make my 450r more trail friendly, changing the front sprocket help at all? ps confused. my quad is showroom cond, oil changed religiously by the way.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,534 Posts
I suggest starting a new thread instead of resurrecting one from many years ago. Without knowing what year your quad is and what you’re trying to accomplish it’s hard to say. Why don’t you start a new thread and give us a little more details about what you don’t like about your quad when trail riding.

·
Truck Yea
5,677 Posts
so long as your a good rider and know how to use a clutch they are fine. i have no issues :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts