Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
the only thing i ca think of that happened is this...
your local shop ordered the hot start for the right hand instead of the left. try bolting it up to your brake lever perch. does it fit and look right. if so, it might belong there. i read somewhere that they make a right one for the CRF i think and also so that people don't accidentally "blip" the throttle while restarting. i guess some people have a tendency to push the throttle w/ right thumb while pushing the hot start w/ left and that causes hard starting. if it's a right, i would send it back for the left. i have seen pictures of both and i don't believe that either one is ment to be pulled. can you post a pic? good luck.

you may have...
http://www.worksconnection.com/store/produ...ml?prod_id=1755
or
http://www.worksconnection.com/store/produ...tml?prod_id=296

you need...
http://www.worksconnection.com/store/produ...tml?prod_id=302
or
http://www.worksconnection.com/store/produ...tml?prod_id=303

·
Registered
218 Posts
You probably got the lever that has the compression release built in that is for the dirt bikes! Send it back.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You will also need to order a new cable from Baldwin motorsports! It is nly $25 though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah you can get one for your left thumb or finger, or one fro your right thumb.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by Kybol@Jul 2 2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah you can get one for your left thumb or finger, or one fro your right thumb.
it looks like it would be difficult to pull the hot start w/finger and hold in the clutch at same time. do you used this kind?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by RedDogg+Jul 2 2004, 08:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kybol
@Jul 2 2004, 05:24 PM
it looks like it would be difficult to pull the hot start w/finger and hold in the clutch at same time. do you used this kind?
[/b]
It isnt that bad, I had a crf450 and thats how they are. You can just use your index finger for it and the rest for the cluch, since it is such a light pull.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dont forget u need a different hotstart cable if you change from stock, i got mine from Baldwins, he makes them specially for the Works Connection properch/hotstart combo......when i get my shocks back from being revalved i'll get some pictures of the machine for "Show 'n' tell". Sheeezza Babe!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here is a pic of the lever and cable on my quad!

You can't really see the new hot start cable very well though.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Well, my damn P-Brake lever just wobbles around and vibrates now that there isnt any cable connected to it. My question is, seeing that I am keeping my lights and the hot start lever is connected to that little "control panel"... does that mean I should get the one without the hotstart?? Sorry for the not-so bright questions I ask, I am simply not that engine smart yet, I live and learn ^_^

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jul 19 2004, 03:19 PM
Well, my damn P-Brake lever just wobbles around and vibrates now that there isnt any cable connected to it.  My question is, seeing that I am keeping my lights and the hot start lever is connected to that little "control panel"... does that mean I should get the one without the hotstart??  Sorry for the not-so bright questions I ask, I am simply not that engine smart yet, I live and learn ^_^
Bump this question!! B)

·
Registered
733 Posts
i think that's a big decission because unless i'm wrong(never :lol: ), the lever w/o hot start is less. BUT, if you buy one w/o, then later need one with, you will end up spending more $$$ to purchase the hotstart perch. it would be less $$$ total to buy the first one with the hotstart perch. you follow? :wacko: OR... you could just buy a less expensive lever for now and upgrade later.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Thanks RedDogg, but I wouldn't really ever need it with the hotstart if I keep my lights, right? From what I can see, the hotstart lever is attatched to the "panel" that controls the lights...

Also, this will work, correct? I can leave the stock hotstart on there and not have any problem throwing the works connection lever and perch on??

Thanks and sorry for all the damn questions!
-Zack-

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Jul 21 2004, 04:53 PM
you could use any lever, i would find one thats cheeper then the works connection, the only reason people use it is because of the hotstart button.
yes, correct, right, exactly, and i completely agree. sorry for being so long winded earlier... was just trying to give options.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by WhiteZee@Jul 21 2004, 05:53 PM
you could use any lever, i would find one thats cheeper then the works connection, the only reason people use it is because of the hotstart button.
Does anyone know where I can get a nice looking one for a decent price? I'm open to all suggestions :D I swear I learn more on this site in a day than I do in an entire school year from my teachers B)

·
Registered
47 Posts
personally i like shorty levers and msr makes a raptor lever thats its name its not a lever for a yamaha raptor but its like 35 bucks and works good espically for the price i know several people who have ran it and love it hope this helps you can get this lever from just about any shop

1 - 20 of 23 Posts