Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,401 Posts
While yes, milky oil is caused by moisture or coolant, a head gasket can be safely ruled out since that is the clutch oil.

Was it just rebuilt? There is a coolant collar and o-ring that goes between the right case and case cover that sometimes gets overlooked and will cause coolant to leak into the clutch fluid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While yes, milky oil is caused by moisture or coolant, a head gasket can be safely ruled out since that is the clutch oil.

Was it just rebuilt? There is a coolant collar and o-ring that goes between the right case and case cover that sometimes gets overlooked and will cause coolant to leak into the clutch fluid.
Can you show me were that is

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,401 Posts
Here’s some pics. That collar and o-ring are what is supposed to be in the hole between the case and case cover.

D29BEA0A-EF13-4FEF-8061-1E1001C1069E.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here’s some pics. That collar and o-ring are what is supposed to be in the hole between the case and case cover.

View attachment 151826 View attachment 151827 View attachment 151828
That's where coolant leaks in to the clutch

View attachment 151826 View attachment 151827 View attachment 151828
Also found Gold glitter in my oil filter

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
if you got gold glitter your crank is also done.

·
Truck Yea
5,588 Posts
The guy I bought it from was still riding it so will it explode from light use I usually just ride to the gas station and back
It will go sooner or later. You need to rebuild the engine properly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts