Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan doesnt seem to be coming on till around 225+ from what my temp gauge says way to hot for my liking so who is running their fan on all the time and what could also cause my fan to not be coming on as much as it should?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
They don't sound like a utility quads fan.. they aren't loud at all. The only way I can tell mine is running is to get down on my hands and knees and try and see it spinning. Make 100% it's not working.. if not.. just ground it and make it run 100% of the time like 2/3 of this site does.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can feel mine when its running like the extra breeze on my leg so I know when its on but anyone have the best way to wire it on. I hate electrical so easiest most effective way would be great

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
With my new built and tuned I never felt or saw the fan kick on once, and I am having no issues.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have had mine grounded for years, since probably 05 or 06. I did upgrade from the stock fan a few years ago to a spal with a shroud to pull air from the whole radiator and keep some mud out but the stock one was still doing good.

It is easy to do, just unhook the wire from the temp sensor and run a jumper somewhere to a ground. I ground mine on a thermostat bolt. I left the factory connection on the wire and just added a male end to the jumper in case I wanted to hook it back up later. Do not ground it to one of the coil bolts.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone have any pictures of it just trying to get a good idea

·
450R Rider
983 Posts
I just did mine tonight and it works like a charm, I just snipped the green wire before the connector and connected a pigtail to the green wire and ground it to my frame where my headlight bolts used to be since I dont have a headlight. This is on an 04 but should be same thing. Stays on all the time now and took less then 5 minutes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I also did this mod on mine. I didn't like how the fan was on all the time whenever my key was on , so I put a switch in to control the fan when I wanted it on.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice thanks for the pics man I really appreciate hopefully I will be able to get to it soon. So will the fan come on still even just with the key on without the motor running like the LTR's?

·
450R Rider
983 Posts
nice thanks for the pics man I really appreciate hopefully I will be able to get to it soon. So will the fan come on still even just with the key on without the motor running like the LTR's?
Mines an 05 but as soon as I move my kick start at all the fan will start to turn so I would think yes it would with the key on. But dont hold me to it

·
Registered
137 Posts
yes , when you turn the key on the fan comes on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have mine on a switch and i put a battery in for my light bar. so i can have my fan running even when the bikes off

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice see i like the idea of the fan being able to run while the bike is off just with the key

·
Registered
139 Posts
it is nice. my bike runs hot and when it gets to that point its nice to be able to let the fan run and drink a "nice cold adult refreshment" lol

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
exactly what I was thinking out on the dunes ^^^^

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did mine tonight and it works like a charm, I just snipped the green wire before the connector and connected a pigtail to the green wire and ground it to my frame where my headlight bolts used to be since I dont have a headlight. This is on an 04 but should be same thing. Stays on all the time now and took less then 5 minutes.
You wouldn’t happen to have any pics of the wire an where it is I’m trying to do this to my 05

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,582 Posts
You wouldn’t happen to have any pics of the wire an where it is I’m trying to do this to my 05
My personal opinion is that if you need your fan to be running all the time, you have bigger problems. A good running and properly tuned machine shouldn’t need the fan running all the time. I’ve been in the dunes when over 100° and riding hard all day many times and never had a problem with overheating. Just my two cents. . . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts