Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks, after this next season I may try a new setup. I still have my stock cylinder and I'm going to have it sleeved. NW sleeve told me that their shelf sleeve for the 04-05 is 99mm (I thought it was 98mm). Who makes a 99mm for the 04-05?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
there you go allready. just built this one and youre ready for something else...geeeeeeez

let a brotha catch up first.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there you go allready. just built this one and youre ready for something else...geeeeeeez

let a brotha catch up first.[/b]
LOL, this will be a long process so nothing will be happening for a long time. I was just wondering what the options are. I'm happy with what I have now just like I was happy with the way it was before. Once you get used to it, you want more.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
u can have a 100mm bore and it still be a duner..lol..

u should do a couple more things to ur build also steve, big valves,cdsi hd valve springs, to help feed the bigger motors..

·
Registered
89 Posts
here is what NWsleeve told me. copied from the email, this say it can be bored over to 99mm but is 98 mm.

The wet sleeve is stronger than a standard sleeve by design at the water jacket area.Plated cylinders along with a standard sleeves tend to crack into the water jacket area.If your cylinder is cracked a wet sleeve will fix it if not we can install in a stock cylinder. No case work is needed. You can also over bore to a 99mm later. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Millard St.Onge
Northwest SleeveService&Tech503-666-8430

maybe this will clarify, or you can call them back and ask them

chris

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts
i know DASA has a nice 99mm piston, either 12:1 or 13.5:1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts