Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just startin to get into racing XC and most of my friends race the GNCC series.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is pretty much totally stock. Like I said i'm just starting to get into racing and i plan to do some mods as soon as i get some money. From what i've heard, for XC it is more of the rider than it is the bike that wins those races.

Jonesy

·
Registered
936 Posts
my best friend races the mid south series and would be 1st in points in the 16-24 quad C class if his 250r didnt break down, he has had 3 dnf's this year because of it. most people around here are into XC, or atleast everyone i know. my local shop is the quadshop, so naturally jeff turns everyone onto XC. iv seen 400ex's with stock suspention win XC races, so yes its mainly the rider, not the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Xc is fun but i'm more of an mxer I'm racing the ATVA MX Nationals with the ohio quad racing series, and selected d12 races.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I race XC, hence why I'm trying to get a soft ride and usable power. The bike is alot of XC, cuz if it beats you up, then it dont matter how big you are.....oh... OCCRA and ATVCCS

·
Registered
69 Posts
I race the GNCC xc series. I was racing a 400ex until I got the 450r, now I am racing it. I have 3 races on it now. It is quite a bit different than the 400ex. I won two races last year on the 400ex and it was basicaly bone stock. Still getting used to the power of the 450r.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know quite a few people that run the GNCC series

bradley morrison 300ex or blaster sport class
Dan brafford predator c 33+
Steve Britz cannondale first year racer
Jess hamner cannondale C
Rico and his pissed off 416
Spincr4hire and his built Z
and hopefully me as soon as my bike is back running.

and of course Jeff Stoess at TQS running his dale.

How well are you all doing in points and finishes? What class do you all run?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw Jeff Stoess race in Florida, he was in the lead and was smoking the first couple of laps. Then he had trouble, too bad. I know alot of faces without names.

I am in second in the class points. On the 450r I have placed 6th, 3rd, and 5th. Still getting used to the bike. I run the super senior (old man class).

Here is a few of the guys I go to the races with that race quads. There are a few of us that races on sunday also.
Tie Hooton runs the 4 stroke stock
Josh Beavers runs the Open A
Sean Beaveres runs the Open A
Tyson Helton runs the 4 stroke C 16-24
Jeremy Stuckwisch runs the 4 stroke C 25-32
Daniel McCory runs the 4 stroke C 16-24

When you get your bike together and go to one let me know and we will hook up and compare notes.

The last two races I have earned contingency money from Honda. WooHoo. Its not much but it helps. I think that its great that Honda has finally stepped up and is rewarding us for racing the 450r.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i myself would like to race in the BAJA someday. LOL this topic is old school as hell :hey:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Originally posted by Jonesy@Mar 3 2004, 05:18 AM
My bike is pretty much totally stock.  Like I said i'm just starting to get into racing and i plan to do some mods as soon as i get some money.  From what i've heard, for XC it is more of the rider than it is the bike that wins those races.

Jonesy
[snapback]278[/snapback]​
in mostly every type of racing its mostly the rider that win races..... :D just wanted to let you know. And I wish you the best of luck with your racing

·
Registered
109 Posts
I race XC...mostly GNCC's. I started the year on my 330R, but have now gotta 450R to continue my racing. This is my first year racing...my buddy got me started and I'm hooked!

·
Registered
482 Posts
i race GNCC i am Current #44 overall in the series ....

not to bad considering that bill ballance is #1

also race D-17, D-15, some OMA's, 6hrs of America's currently 1's in A class in that series.

I run Open A in GNCC's i am 6th in points as of the summer break point.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
did any of you notice how this thread is over 2 years old :hey: i like looking through old stuff on here cause its interesting how some of the threads talk about stuff we did not have 2 years ago but have now :hey:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by BATCH450r@Jul 14 2006, 03:43 PM
did any of you notice how this thread is over 2 years old  :hey:  i like looking through old stuff on here cause its interesting how some of the threads talk about stuff we did not have 2 years ago but have now  :hey:
[snapback]260830[/snapback]​
Holly crap!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
HAHAHA :lol2: :bleh: got you huh. did you even look at the date :lol2: :hey: LMAO funny stuff right dur

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by BATCH450r@Jul 14 2006, 03:58 PM
HAHAHA  :lol2:  :bleh:  got you huh. did you even look at the date  :lol2:  :hey:  LMAO funny stuff right dur
[snapback]260836[/snapback]​
I never look at the dates :11doh: . What is the oldest post that can be found?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
the oldest post i can find seems to be march 10 2004. i'll keep looking through some of those engine faqs.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by Jesus@0 A.D., 05:48 PM
Whats the best exhaust for my Donkey
[snapback]260848[/snapback]​
Found it,The oldest post

1 - 20 of 22 Posts