Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a huge 450 shootout with every 450 in it in the May 2008 issue of ATV Action i think, and I believe it was a 2007 trx450er they used ..the white version but it had a white gas tank? IVe never seen this before and all the bikes were stock, I want a white gas tank so bad how/why did theirs have a white gas tank!

·
Registered
102 Posts
the '08 models come with color matched tank covers. I have been told, and seen on this website, that you can get the tank guard to fit with a little finess. I went to my local Honda dealer and they hooked me up with a white tank cover for $50. I'm still waiting for it to come in, as soon as it does I'll let you know how hard it is to get it to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
the 08 models have a tank skin. with some modding the skin can be made to fit the earlier models. they come in different colors.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah sweet, do only dealers sell these or can u get em online? Also just to throw this out there..the 450r got jipped bad in the shootout..It placed 2nd to last overall and 6th-7th in EVERY catagory and there was only 7 bikes. They even dyno'd them and the trx had a lower hp number than every! Total bs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
any oem parts dealer should be able to supply them. I checked Maier but they don't produce any yet. I beleive a couple of the site sponsors are oem dealers, pm some of them and get a price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got mine from Pompton Honda in New Jersey shipped to me for a grand total of $40. I just trimmed it up a little bit and put it on. Looks great to me!

·
Registered
102 Posts
well I got mine today and it doesn't fit. It is the same size on the outside as the stock tank. I could probably get 2 bolts in it, bit the lower 2 are nowhere close. Not to mention it doesn't sit down all the way on the tank. Luckily, the dealer is going to try to send it back for me.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
You should pm Mwsartain to see what he did to fit his on his 04 tank before you send it back.

I think he had to cut a few tabs.... his tank cover looks great on his R.... so I don't see why it wouldn't work on yours.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
there is a few tabs that need to be trimmed, and ur right it doesnt sit all the way down by the seat , mwsartain told me about it

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
mark said u can barely tell that it doesnt sit all the way down, ill let ya know when i put my one on here in the next few days

·
Registered
102 Posts
can someone take some close up pics of it for me? I wanna see how it sits on the tank. maybe I won't send it back yet

·
Registered
102 Posts
what about the side where it uses the side lower shroud mounting hole? Is that where you're trimming? I can't get that bolt to come anywhere close.

G

·
Somebody needs to do a how to on this and get some close up pics cause i was gonna pill the trigger on a 08 tank too but if the cover fits ok on the old tanks i will try it for $50 bucks.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
i tried mounting mine up today and to say the least i hated it!, quadracer and mwsartains looks awesome, maybe i was having some install errors,ill try some more over the weekend

1 - 20 of 25 Posts