Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do an equal amount of trail riding and MX, which holeshot tires would be best for me and what size??? I like the HD's but they seem to be to heavy for mx...

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Do you actually race in MX or do you just go on the track for fun? If you race, go with 18" rears, if you just do it for fun, go with 20" in the back

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am beginning to race, but when im not at the track im in the hills. the MX's only come in 2 ply dont they? I would rather have a 4ply.. Has anyone tried the XCR's....

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by 1fast450r@Jun 25 2004, 12:34 PM
I am beginning to race, but when im not at the track im in the hills.  the MX's only come in 2 ply dont they?  I would rather have a 4ply..  Has anyone tried the XCR's....
Talk to Rico about those. That is what I'm ordering and if you aren't getting them right away, I will give you a review :D Good luck with whatever you decide to get B)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to get the kendas but i will wait and see how you like yor xcr's... thanks for the help...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have you thought about the new Kenda Knarly's? They are making them in an 18" now. Also I raced a whole MX series on Maxxis Razr II's(20x11x9) and they did great. They are six ply so woods riding won't matter. Yes they are heavier then Holeshot's or Klaws, but since you are just starting out as I was I would go with something more suited for both in case you decide you don't like racing. If you get the Razr's I would suggest changing your front sprocket to a tooth smaller. That will compensate for the bigger bite they have over a lot of the MX specific tires. And if you are racing a 450R I would also change the rear sprocket to one tooth larger just because the 450R on stock tires is geared kinda high! Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill check into the razarII's thanks for the help...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got the c-sries rims wraapred around 20" of holeshot XCR. These tires light and they grab great. It also has a very controlled cornering. I wanted to get the 18" mxr but they were back-ordered.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
1fast450r, if you want the best of both worlds. Then get the holeshots (XCR's).
I had allot of different tires. I have the Maxxis razor 2's but they are taller than stock, so it will make your bike higher which is bad for track. The XCR's are basically the same height as your stock tires and will alow you to slide better on the track. Also, the XCR's are 6ply so it would be perfect for the woods.
Like I told Zack, The perfect setup is to have two sets of tires and rims. One for track and the other for woods(trail riding). I understand about money. So do yourself a favor and get the XCR's until you can afford to get both. For the woods, I personaly like the Razor's better, but I feel the XCR's would be better for all alround riding. Track or woods.
For fronts 22/7/10 For back 20/11/9 Good Luck! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts