Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 with rossier pipe and a hc2 cam was wondering what is the best solution for air. i have an esr intake for 04-05 and stock filter with cage cut and lid off. need som advice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a Pro-Design air filter for sale, It's almost brand new. I also have the foam outerwear for it as well as the aluminum adapter which allows you to run the bigger filter with the stock box. I paid 110 for this setup. I will be willing to sell it for $50 SHIPPED.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Theres your answer ^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
360 Posts
Honda valves are not forgiving to poor and/or dirty filters. If you absolutely feel the need to burn money, a TwinAir filter would be your best bet IMO. OEM filter with cage keeps dirt out and works well. The minimal amount of extra CFM from an aftermarket filter isn't worth the potential destruction to your top end IMO.

I would focus on getting the jetting as crisp as possible if you haven't done that already. An '06 motor with HC2 and Rossier should satisfy pretty much everyone except a racer. :unsure:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your never going to have a problem with dirt hurting valves as long as you run a good filter and make sure it's clean/sealed. I personally run a K&N with an outwear and have never had a problem. I have torn down motors that have run K&N's and everything looks to be in excellent condition. I prolly wouldn't run a K&N if it wasn't for the outerwear. A good foam filter such as a twin air or no toil will also work well. Filtering is probaly pretty close to the same as a K&N/outerwear. You can't beat the filtering capibility of a foam filter with a foam outerwear.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
^ I agree ^....

with the 06/newer machines.....there are little gains to be made with the filter on the average rec modded engine.....

with that being said....I see very little wear on my valves or cylinder bore using a properly cleaned/oiled K&N style filter.....and I run Ti intakes......so if there was an issue...I would know about it....

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i run an esr intake and an fci intake. never had problems with either filter. works good for me.

to answer your question on what the best would be , we would need to know what type of of riding you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts