Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guys at hmf told me to adjust this along with the main jet but where is it they told me on the bottom of the carb only thing i see is the idling black knob is that what they are talking about if anyone has any pics that would help alot

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
It's right at the base of the card, around the float bowl. You can loosen the clamps and twist it a bit to help get to it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by the_hulkamaniac@Sep 29 2004, 04:34 PM
It's right at the base of the card,  around the float bowl.  You can loosen the clamps and twist it a bit to help get to it.
If your sitting on the bike it is towards the front left of the carb.. Like Hulk said... you can loosen the clamps to the air boot and the motor are twist it a little bit to get to it easier.

Dave

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bottom of carb,facing down,towards front of quad

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is there anyway you can adjust it without taking this off i havent had a chance to do it today buy what does it look like like phillips or flat does it look diffrent than the other screws or bolts.like a half turn i think do you turn in left or right to increase the flow.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You can get to it without taking it off or turning it, it is just a PITA. If you want to increase flow and make it richer your gonna want to turn it out (counterclockwise).

It you have a short stubby wide blade flat screw drive it would be pretty easy to get to it. You need something with a wide flat blade and it will be easy to get to and turn it.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts