Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in a search for an inline fuel filter but have come short. After a recent leak from my carb and discovering sand in my carb i've changed my stock filter to a k&n w/outwears and want an inline fuel filter. The problem is all the visu-clear filters come in 1/4 and 3/16 and 5/16... The gas line is about 3/8"!!! I've tried lawn mower shops, ATV shops, and motorcycle shops. All i've been able to get are gas filters for cars, which are too big. Where can i get one that fits?

·
Registered
391 Posts
are you sure the inside diamenter of your fuel line is 3/8? It seems to me that would be too much fuel flowing to your carb. Double check that dimension. I would think the passage way would be closer to 1/4".

·
Registered
91 Posts
i posted this same question in april but got no reply so i figured nobody ran a filter, that hose is about 3/8, i've also been looking for a filter w/no luck

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by HondaRider@Sep 24 2004, 03:10 AM
I've been in a search for an inline fuel filter but have come short.  After a recent leak from my carb and discovering sand in my carb i've changed my stock filter to a k&n w/outwears and want an inline fuel filter.  The problem is all the visu-clear filters come in 1/4 and 3/16 and 5/16... The gas line is about 3/8"!!!  I've tried lawn mower shops, ATV shops, and motorcycle shops.  All i've been able to get are gas filters for cars, which are too big.  Where can i get one that fits?
One thing I learned with these filters UNI, K&N. Is they let allot of debri in. You must use a heavy oil and make sure you apply it into the filter and don't leave a dry spot anywhere on the filter. Dirt or sand has a way of getting in and this will harm your motor as you know. Belray is a good oil. It may be sticky but it will spot the debri from coming in! Just my 2 cents worth.. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Sep 24 2004, 12:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-HondaRider
@Sep 24 2004, 03:10 AM
I've been in a search for an inline fuel filter but have come short.  After a recent leak from my carb and discovering sand in my carb i've changed my stock filter to a k&n w/outwears and want an inline fuel filter.  The problem is all the visu-clear filters come in 1/4 and 3/16 and 5/16... The gas line is about 3/8"!!!  I've tried lawn mower shops, ATV shops, and motorcycle shops.  All i've been able to get are gas filters for cars, which are too big.  Where can i get one that fits?
One thing I learned with these filters UNI, K&N. Is they let allot of debri in. You must use a heavy oil and make sure you apply it into the filter and don't leave a dry spot anywhere on the filter. Dirt or sand has a way of getting in and this will harm your motor as you know. Belray is a good oil. It may be sticky but it will spot the debri from coming in! Just my 2 cents worth.. :D [/b]
rico, do you know of a place to buy an inline fuel filter?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by 04450+Sep 24 2004, 12:59 PM-->
Originally posted by Rico'[email protected] 24 2004, 12:51 PM
@Sep 24 2004, 03:10 AM

One thing I learned with these filters UNI, K&N. Is they let allot of debri in. You must use a heavy oil and make sure you apply it into the filter and don't leave a dry spot anywhere on the filter. Dirt or sand has a way of getting in and this will harm your motor as you know. Belray is a good oil. It may be sticky but it will spot the debri from coming in! Just my 2 cents worth.. :D
rico, do you know of a place to buy an inline fuel filter? [/b]
Sorry, I really don't even know what that is!! :huh:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you tried...

Summit

Good luck :D Keep us posted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FOUND ONE!!! omg, i've been looking everywhere for 5 days... Visufilter makes one, for got the part #, just go direct to visufilter website... Funny thing is i called just about every local shop and nobody said they carried it. So today i had to bring in a shock for a service and i looked around and ask the sales person to let me see their filters... And there i saw one... It's now installed and works without leaks!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by HondaRider@Sep 27 2004, 08:42 PM
FOUND ONE!!! omg, i've been looking everywhere for 5 days... Visufilter makes one, for got the part #, just go direct to visufilter website... Funny thing is i called just about every local shop and nobody said they carried it.  So today i had to bring in a shock for a service and i looked around and ask the sales person to let me see their filters... And there i saw one...  It's now installed and works without leaks!
Well, what's the URL??? I'am very interested to see what this in-line filter is.....Share bud!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Sep 28 2004, 09:45 AM-->
@Sep 27 2004, 08:42 PM
FOUND ONE!!! omg, i've been looking everywhere for 5 days... Visufilter makes one, for got the part #, just go direct to visufilter website... Funny thing is i called just about every local shop and nobody said they carried it.  So today i had to bring in a shock for a service and i looked around and ask the sales person to let me see their filters... And there i saw one...  It's now installed and works without leaks!
Well, what's the URL??? I'am very interested to see what this in-line filter is.....Share bud!!!!!!!!!! :) [/b]
http://www.visufilter.com/standard_clear_v..._fuel_filte.htm

i bought model ff601c, fits perfectly right in the middle of the fuel line.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by HondaRider+Sep 29 2004, 02:14 AM-->
Originally posted by Rico'[email protected] 28 2004, 09:45 AM

Well, what's the URL??? I'am very interested to see what this in-line filter is.....Share bud!!!!!!!!!! :)

i bought model ff601c, fits perfectly right in the middle of the fuel line. [/b]
Thank you, If you could and put a picture up when you get that bad boy on your quad!!!! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Sep 29 2004, 09:34 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Rico'[email protected] 28 2004, 09:45 AM

i bought model ff601c, fits perfectly right in the middle of the fuel line.
Thank you, If you could and put a picture up when you get that bad boy on your quad!!!! :D [/b]
it's been on, just need to get the picture :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts