Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry I meant "went to Utah"

Well I took a week off and when to utah with my dad and I,to do the pauite trail and the dunes. the trails were very nice but the other riders were to slow so we went by ourselves.I will get some pics of the trails . If you want more info just pm me.

Then off to little sahara dunes- IT was awesome!!!the bowls were big but hard to pick lines to the other bowls. Sand mountain was huge I raced a piped ,jetted ,k&n,and paddled yfz and he weighed 190 and I beat him by 2-3 bike lenghts sometimes only 2 . then my dads predator which is almost stock but has paddles and k&n . His friend said I beat him by an easy 5-7 bike lenths.(I almost felt bad
lol) not trying to bash or anything just having a great and fun time. oh, I weigh about 115 . :D

I know sexy bike huh!! lol j/k

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on top of sand mountain -see that tiny white truck and trailer thats ours (big hill huh?)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to get some pics of the pauite trail later B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
nice pics man.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
That place looks awesome! I need to go somewhere like that one day!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is another pick of the Pinks....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a pic of me and my brothers sitting at a spot above the "hill of no return"

Quaddog

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
He drove right past them, but if he was going for a trail ride,then dunes, he did it just right. Coral Pink is cool, but its more for the scenery than the dunes, espicially if you get your dune fix at Little Saraha. I am there twice a month.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the Pinks are a great dune system, they're not Glamis or Butter Cup but I have all winter to ride those. I've never been to the Little Sahara, growing up in Kanab you don't really have a reason to stray to far from the Pinks. The Paiute is a great trail system though, we spend a week up on Beaver Mountain riding it ever year.

Quaddog

Phoenix, AZ

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
You grew up in Kanab? I am envious. I have a few good friends from there. I bet you know them. Pandea's and Glaziers.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by KGB@Sep 22 2004, 04:57 PM
He drove right past them, but if he was going for a trail ride,then dunes, he did it just right. Coral Pink is cool, but its more for the scenery than the dunes, espicially if you get your dune fix at Little Saraha. I am there twice a month.
exactly bro, I saw pics of coral pink they look cool but there are hardly any "big dunes'' or just not enough dunes then Im used to.

Quad dog- we will have to hook up and go riding sometime B)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup born and raised man, small world isn't it. Kumar's b-day is one day after mine. We were best friends growing up. Haven't seen him since I was up in SLC hanging out with our friends the Brunners. There's lots of Glaziers but I know most of them. My one brothers wife is related, I believe her mom is a Glazier. If you run into them tell them Mitch says hi.

Fender -- I'm always down for doing a little riding. Actually going out Sunday, haven't ridden the R since I got the HRC kit put in and its killing me. That and I need a little test time on it before heading for Utah next Thursday.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
No poop....Kumar and I are good buddies. I still see him everyonce in a while. Funny story....once on the way to Powell, we stopped at a gas station in Kanab. there was a cute chick workign ther, so my buddy was small talking with her, mentioned Kumar, she goes" HE is a legend.....he got out of here!" It was funny as hell.
My buddy is Ryan Glazier, but he has been out of there since 12 yrs old.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Fender, that's awesome. I was told that Utah caters to OHV's!! I heard that is one of the best places to go because there's riding for everyone. I want to go there after my Glamis trip. BTW- great pictuers dude. Keep them coming. I want a complete report about this place!!! :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Rico, the place was awesome and yes very deticated to atv riders. the trails were cool be sure not to go with the utility riders ,or else you will be riding first gear the whole time. Im not saying that I tore ass through the trails just faster than they were going. and went on my own after the first two scheduled rides.

If you plan on doing the Jamboree, it is set up pretty cool (raffles, free breakfast,lunches ,dinners and a bunch of discounts (even one for a honda store!!)) the cost is $125 per rider not including where you will sleep. We stayed at winklemans cabins and it was farily nice. The lady who I think owns it is a great rider and faster than most of the other people out there. she is older and everyone calls her grandma or granny. B) :D .but if you stay there and want to do the jamboree you have to trailer your atv to richfield(main town of jamboree).or you can ride there but you will have to do some highway riding :( . around the cabin there are plenty of great trails.btw -you are allowed to ride on the streets.

pictures - I will try to get some up after school.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Sorry wrong button!

That's great Fender, do you know of a URL that would show all the things your talking about. BTW- not to bragg, but I have a toy box, so I would be able to stay where ever I wanted. Which is very nice when you want your privacy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Rico, here are a couple good links for ATVing in Utah:

www.marysvale.com Just about everything you want to know about the Paiute Trail

www.atvutah.com This site has it all or links to it pretty much.

If you decide to go ride the Paiute ATV trail the National Geographic Map is a must have. There is also a new trail system being built on Cedar Mountain but I haven't been able to find much on it. We rode it a little bit when we were up there deer hunting this August. Almost all forest service roads are open for ATV use in Utah which is really nice compared to here in AZ where they restrict us a lot.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rico we have a tox box also but we wanted to have showers and a nice comfy bed
B)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts