Honda TRX 450R banner

Wheel lugs?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  hoser 
#1 ·
Anyone play around with aftermarket wheel lugs for their motorcycle?

#6 ·
i usually get itp or tusk brand lugs off RMATV, no issues in years besides some rust since I slam them on with my cordless impact gun

#7 ·
Have used a few sets of ITP lugs, and a couple AMS sets. The chrome ones usually hold up pretty good, but I’ve had a few sets of black that start to rust in not too long. I just really like the idea of aluminum lugs because they are so much lighter. Just seems like one area that you could easily drop some weight for not much money, plus it’s rotational and unsprung weight on the rear and unsprung weight on the front which is always a bonus. I’m not a big Amazon fan, but I’ll keep looking and see if I can come across them elsewhere.

#9 ·
I was referring to the steel, closed, flat lugs that would be the equivalent of the aluminum flat base that you have pictured. And I’m not saying it’s a ton of weight, but weight is dropped in lots of small areas, not necessarily one big single thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.