Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who do some long trail riding, I was wondering what you always keep in your fanny pack? What are your favourite trail tools? What tips do you have for someone putting together an tool/emergency pack?

-RR

·
Registered
311 Posts
i usually ride with a bunch of polaris' so we always need tools. tire plugs and tools, small air compressor, screw driver, electrical tape, small vise grips (life savers), and of course a roll of TP for those emergencies :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
We normally keep the tools in the truck. I have lost quite a few tools trying to carry them along. If we need something one of us will run back and get what we need.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by RedRider@Apr 21 2004, 12:34 PM
We normally keep the tools in the truck. I have lost quite a few tools trying to carry them along. If we need something one of us will run back and get what we need.
I usually ride with a few utes so we just strap a few boxes on their racks. also we made toolboxes out of pvc pipe for the quads and mounted them on the frame near the front bumper, they work pretty good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, leaving the tools in the truck works when your are in the vicinity, but we sometimes do 200 mile loops, 6-8 hour rides, so you end up being in the middle of nowhere sometimes! We've got by with the standard-under-seat tools kits, tire plug kits, and a small compressor and tow-rope. I want to be even better prepared this year, just got a new Ogio fanny-pack to fill up! :D

-RR

·
Registered
61 Posts
WATER! energy bar, first aid kit, solar blanket, matches, Leatherman, small metric wrenches, MSR(or like) ratchet tool kit, screwdriver, plug kit and/or tube, vise grip, pliers, tape, bailing wire, co2 inflator, spare levers, nuts & bolts, spark plug ....
You will think of more first time you are w/out. I know it sounds like a lot but it really isn't much space or weight.

·
Registered
436 Posts
"Tools, we dont need no stink'in Tools".

I just carried the ones that came with my "R", because I haven't taken them out or had any thing to put in there place. :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Originally posted by RedRocket@Apr 21 2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, leaving the tools in the truck works when your are in the vicinity, but we sometimes do 200 mile loops, 6-8 hour rides, so you end up being in the middle of nowhere sometimes! We've got by with the standard-under-seat tools kits, tire plug kits, and a small compressor and tow-rope. I want to be even better prepared this year, just got a new Ogio fanny-pack to fill up!  :D

-RR
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=2624
[/quote]

200 mile loops and 6-8 hour rides..... I want to ride with you man!!! By the way, where do you keep enough gas to get 200 miles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts