Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..its not the rim that bent nor the hub so what else can it be? spindle? aarms dont look bent...why is the tire bowed out?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres another pic....as you can see our left spindle seems to be upwards while our right spindle is correct....how do I fix the camber on this? can I adjust it or do I need a new spindle? thanks for any help

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks like your one side drops lower than the other. Which could be a ball joint binding for some reason, and restricting the full movement. Could because of a spindle being bent. did you hit any stumps or trees in the last couple rides?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes this is after a wreck with a ditch then into a fence where it grabbed this tire & pulled it under the fence & bent the rim & tie rod too....I cant get the upper aarm off the spindle...the ball joint thing seems to be stuck into the spindle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well you're whole quad is leaning to the LT ((it's left)/RT looking at the picture).

The spindle sit at an odd angle naturallynot going to be 90 degrees from level. At least mine didn't/ First replace you're tie rod's. There cheap $20,00-25.00 for both, then check the wheel alignment(nice write up in August's dirt wheels). Like you said that upper ball joint may be seized/bent into the spindle. I don't remember if you can replace them. OEM Honda usualy has you replacing the a-arm. If so that's not good. Go after market, if it's not to much more.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok..im about to go nuts over this & i cannot sleep...so is this a good sign that I need to replace my upper aarm when this ball joint will not budge from the spindle? I ordered a brand new spindle & a brand new tierod from servicehonda couple days ago & they will be here tomorrow. If I do not need the spindle I can exchange that for the stock upper aarm. i am going nuts

·
Registered
328 Posts
How much were you spindles if you dont mind me asking. It has been my experience that parts for the 450R are relatively in expensive, compared to the 250R etc.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres the thing..it is very difficult to find used & new parts for the 450r as it is such a new ATV...your 250r you can easily go on ebay & find millions of parts for....my friend is coming over tomorrow night to help me figure out what is wrong..you guys say its the upper aarm that needs replaced right?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Jumbo, its hard to tell with these pics, cause you dont have the tie rod installed on that side. the adjustment of the tie rod adjust the angle of the spindle.....after you put the new tierod on and adjust it, then look at the spindle, it should be ok.....

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 19 2004, 06:19 PM
it is still bent like that with the tierod adjusted correctly
boy you did a number on that didnt you....that sucks....I guess its back to the ball joint theory. that could be it to...it should move around freely....

Im suprised you didnt get hurt when you wrecked....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lets put it this way..i'm lucky to be alive...i guess ill figure it out tomorrow when my friend comes over to pull this aarm off...I should be able to tell then right?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
good luck man. B)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts