Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I was wondering on your thoughts would u replace the bearingings on the carrier if so does any one know part numbers or where to order them from .or would u just replace the factory carrier with an aftermarket one it's an 06 pretty much stock .thanks for any help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi guys I was wondering on your thoughts would u replace the bearingings on the carrier if so does any one know part numbers or where to order them from .or would u just replace the factory carrier with an aftermarket one it's an 06 pretty much stock .thanks for any help
If it were me I would replace the carrier and get a tusk one from Rocky Mountain ATV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have u tried out the tusk do they last I checked the price pretty cheap other than I can find anybody in canada that stocks them so gotta pay a pretty penny for ship.i do like the sound of not snashing bearings in

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have u tried out the tusk do they last I checked the price pretty cheap other than I can find anybody in canada that stocks them so gotta pay a pretty penny for ship.i do like the sound of not snashing bearings in
I have been using one for about a year now and I have never greased it since I installed it and it still rolls like new.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been using one for about a year now and I have never greased it since I installed it and it still rolls like new.
If it were me I would replace the carrier and get a tusk one from Rocky Mountain ATV
I have also used them and they are a really nice part and is totally worth buying it and not smashing in the bearings.

·
Truck Yea
5,893 Posts
if you have the tools to replace the bearings its better. but i have extensively used the cheapo aftermarket ones over the years and never had much of an issue. the one time i decided to spend the coin on tusk from rocky mountain it was identical to the $50 dollar ebay one. I usually toss them after a year or two since they are cheap and easy to replace.

Reactions: hoser

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
163 Posts
I suggest doing both.
I ordered a rebuild kit for the carrier I already had, and a new mid grade complete assembly. That way I'll have a extra one all greased up for a quick field repair if needed. I used my computers magnifier to zoom in on the bearings stamps on the mid grade assembly ad's on eBay and amazon.
If you look close you can find twin row Billet carriers with precision German bearings installed for less than $50.
I used an OEM rebuild kit in the OEM carrier, packed it with grease, and wrapped it in plastic till needed.
The mid grade carrier I purchased has been on for 20 or so hours with out any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts