Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking I may be looking for new wheels in the future. I just noticed that one of my fronts has got a good size ding in the lip and I suspect it is from the rocks at the trails I ride at. Im not too worried right now but Im always looking for an excuse for an aftermarket part. Around my house it seems I have to submit it to my wife in writing and have a legitimet reason for wanting it, lol. Anyway, I got my eye on the T-9 Beadlocks, Douglas Shamrocks, and of course the Hipers. So far it looks like they are all about the same price from what I can tell and if that is the case which would be the most durable? I have already decided that if I go with the shamrocks or the T-9's then I will have the rims powdercoated black and leave the beadlock rings polished. After seeing Bigblock's wheels I am set on a set of black wheels with my red hubs
. Anyway just throw some opinions on wheels out there and let me know where I can find the best deals. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone??

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Lason@Jul 30 2004, 10:09 AM
anyone??
wish I could help, but I dont know jack about wheels....my stock ones are doing just fine... :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have Hipers on my 450R I like them so far. I had T9 Baja wheels before and I hit a tree in third gear and folded it up against the caliper. The wheel was locked up. I don't know how a hiper wheel would have take the hit. It might have broken. I have seen them broken before. I race local hare scrambles and one of my friends broke a front one in three pieces.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Im really considering the Hipers but I really dont NEED them. They would be cool none the less. I would really like to get my hands on some kind of bead lock and the Hipers are only running like $10 more than the aluminum beadlocks and they are modular which is a big plus. BTW, I saw on there site the have a hub center section offered, why? I think it would be cool but I dont see why, I guess to eliminate the possible problem of broken wheel studs or stock hub?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think the wheel with the hubs would be a pain in the butt. I rreally don't care for the idea. Having to mess with the hub nut if you want to remove your wheel. Also when we go on a trip we all have Hondas or Z400 so if we bring extra rims and tires we can all share them if someone gets a flat. You won't be able to do that unless you carry hubs with you. Just a thought.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm running a set of T-9 beadlocks and so far, so good. They look awesome...not as good as hipers. But I'm pretty sure you can buy all 4 T-9's for the cost of just the front Hi-Per's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you are a serious rider or racer then the hipers are the only way to go. They are the strongest wheel on the market and are just a few more dollars than the t-9 beadlocks, plus that is a dual beadlock on the rear hipers. Also the Hipers will look the same year after year, unlike the polished aluminum ones. And if for some crazy reason you do break or bend part of the wheel, you can replace that part of it, not buy a whole new wheel. I've sold both kinds of wheels and would definitely choose the hipers. Just my thoughts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts