Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this question has been asked hundreds of times. What's everyone put in their transmission? I have a 2009 450r I've heard running a 10w40 motorcycle oil and others are die hard 80w in the transmission. What's your opinions?

·
Truck Yea
5,623 Posts
ive ran both and prefer dedicated trans fluid. I run belray thumper 80w. it shifts sooo much better with that than plain jane motor oil

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive ran both and prefer dedicated trans fluid. I run belray thumper 80w. it shifts sooo much better with that than plain jane motor oil
Do you have an aftermarket clutch? I have a Curtis sparks clutch and the oem 80w didn’t work that well and not sure what oil to run in the transmission.

·
Truck Yea
5,623 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket clutch? I have a Curtis sparks clutch and the oem 80w didn’t work that well and not sure what oil to run in the transmission.
I’m running a CR 500 clutch in mind I have no problems you might want to check and see if your stuff needs adjustment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still have the original clutch in mine. The guy I bought it from said he ran 15w40. Shifting feels a little stubborn at times especially into 2nd. Was hoping a good fluid could help remedy this along with a new clutch

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m running a CR 500 clutch in mind I have no problems you might want to check and see if your stuff needs adjustment
Yeah sparks said it’s most likely my transmission acting up so imma have them rebuild my whole motor when they can but I’m waiting for a response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts