Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got new rims and need new rubber all the way around! Whatever they are, I got 9" rims and I want the tires to be 20's. The need to be decent in a little mud, very good on hard-packed dirt trails, the sand pits, AND sometimes the MX track. I was looking at Klaws, Holeshots, and Razr's. (With all three tires I was looking at all the different types....Examples--but not limited to: Razr 2's, Holeshot HD's, Holeshot MX, Razr MX, Klaw MX, Klaw XC....just about anything!!)

How would Holeshot HD's do on the MX track, would they get the job done for someone that doesn't actually race, but just goes on there to air it out?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
all I can say is............Good luck man.....very tough choices.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lude, I need it!

And to anyone that sees this, please throw in your .02 ASAP because I want to order these before I leave for the week tomorrow night!!!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
when i replace mine, I think I am going to get the Kenda Klaws. For 2 reasons only.
1. I like the way they look.
2. no one I know has them. So mine will be a little different then thiers....plus I have never used these before and would like to know how they perform.

I like the stock tires, so I think I would just about like any aftermarket tire made...

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jun 24 2004, 11:47 AM
How would Holeshot HD's do on the MX track, would they get the job done for someone that doesn't actually race, but just goes on there to air it out?
Not to be repetitive, but I am really looking at these, how would they work out??

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Jun 24 2004, 01:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TrX450rKiD
@Jun 24 2004, 11:47 AM
Not to be repetitive, but I am really looking at these, how would they work out?? [/b]
are the HD's that new tire that has the nobbies on the sidewalls?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
nevermind...here they are

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
those HD's are pretty fat......how heavy are they I wonder.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jun 24 2004, 02:38 PM
those HD's are pretty fat......how heavy are they I wonder.
Front weigh 14lbs and the rears weigh 17lbs...

Hey Woodward, do you have any input or suggestions on which tire would be my best bet??

Thanks,
-Zack-

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
that HD is one heavy as& tire.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C'mon boys, 44 views and only 2 people have tried to help me out! Just give me what you think, help a brother out :)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Zack, unless I read the artical wrong. Those tires are for woods! The main thing you want is small tires!!! (For the track)
So what ever you get you want 18" in the back and 19" or 20" in front. Of course I perfer to 20 in front because I like going with Honda. (the way they have them set up) which 2 sizes bigger in the front compared to the back! :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
ok kid
ok...

when i replace mine, i'm getting the HDs. my friend has razr2s on his z400 and they really dig in where we ride... mostly soft sand in pits and lots of woods (florida). he gets great traction when climbing too. i know that if i get those HDs, i'll make that gap even wider between us. he won't even see my tail light! :D

hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
You know the HD's came out because of the Maxxis razor 2's. There so aggressive that everyone notice that and now everyone is buying them. So, Holeshot had to come out with the HD's to keep up. :D
and I'm sure those tires with do awesome anywhere!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know what ya mean Rico, but I don't do too much MX and the 18's I have now are just too small for the trails and sand pits. So, I'm going with 20's and am trying to get something that will suit all of my needs (mainly focusing on hard-packed dirt trails w/ ruts, a little mud, and the sand pits, however the track is a consideration also....)

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just saw your posts RedDogg and Rico, but I think they could be a little too heavy to do any good whatsoever on the track, plus, Woodward doesn't have them in stock :(

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Zack, I know, to much money to spend. But I have a set for mx for the track, I have a set for woods. That is the only way to go. Other wise you will have a harder time on the track with bigger tire because they roll to much and in the woods the smaller tires will let your swingarm hit everything! B)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
And know this, the smaller the tire and rim, the lighter the bike is to throw around on the track and that is important. Especially when your in the air! :D

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Jun 24 2004, 06:46 PM
Zack, I know, to much money to spend.  But I have a set for mx for the track, I have a set for woods. That is the only way to go. Other wise you will have a harder time on the track with bigger tire because they roll to much and in the woods the smaller tires will let your swingarm hit everything! B)
Yep I understand what your saying Rico, but like you said, the money just isn't there. That's why I'm trying to find a happy medium, which I'm hoping will be the Holeshots or Holeshot XC's ?? Or maybe something else, that's what I'm hoping to find out here :huh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts