Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Curtis Sparks :lol: j/k ive heard that the white brothers e2 isnt very loud and also the CHM was advertising 92db wih some type of QC. Not really sure how hey perform though... good luck

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am running the white brothers e2. So far it seems like a good slip on and comes with a quiet core/spark arrestor that supposedly brings it down to 96db with just one bolt to take out.

You should be able to find one for less than $200 shipped. I found mine off ebay, and a friend just picked one up from the same seller so I assume he has more.

Carson

·
Registered
199 Posts
yes, an e2. It was not sold as new, but it had never been used - had a few scuffs on it. The seller use to work for white brothers and started his own store - I think these were used for promo's or the like..

> Paul Mc Nutt
> A Loose Nutt Motorsports
> 7152 Kitty Hawk St.
> Fontana CA 92336
> (909)854-4404 Fax (909)823-6586

Give him a call if you are interested - he might have more.

The main reason I was interested in the e2 was for the ability to put the sa/quiet core in easily for different riding areas. I have not used it with it in yet, but noise is becoming more and more of an issue at riding areas and on private land.

Carson

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The WB e2 is probably your best bet... that I have heard/rode. It is pretty quiet, yet you will still feel a pretty big difference over stock.

Dave

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Wow, I did not know the Dr. D was that quiet... that is good to know for all of those guys out there that need a quiet pipe that runs strong. It is also pretty sweet looking :D .

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Desert - I'm seriously interested in the Dr. D slipon. Do you know where I can get some additional specs and info, especially on the quiet core insert/spark arrestor. Have you had a chance to do any testing with the core in?

94dB is very impressive, I'm looking for a quiet pipe since the Oregon Dunes NRA limit is 93dB. I have heard the stock exhaust HRC end cap is around 96dB.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by dndj@Aug 26 2004, 09:34 PM
Hey Desert - I'm seriously interested in the Dr. D slipon.  Do you know where I can get some additional specs and info, especially on the quiet core insert/spark arrestor.  Have you had a chance to do any testing with the core in?

94dB is very impressive, I'm looking for a quiet pipe since the Oregon Dunes NRA limit is 93dB.  I have heard the stock exhaust HRC end cap is around 96dB.
I just installed a Dr. D slip on on mine today. I dont have the quiet core, but its the first time I ever had the cops called on me in my neiborhood. Its that loud. It dont seem loud while your on it, But I had my son rip it down the street and its louder then my buddy Harley...by far. ..very distenct sound, I dont think I have ever heard a exhaust that sounds anything like it. I do like the sound very much though :D I havent had any ride time on it yet. I will let you know after this weekend. B)

talk to wppracing here on the forum. he hooked me up nicely, ....very happy :D :D

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by wppracing@Aug 27 2004, 05:18 AM
Install the spark arrestor it will make it a little quieter.
Nahh...I like it loud, I have no issues with noise where I ride, it can be as loud as you want.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Here is a couple of pics of the Dr. D slip on

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
1 more

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
WOW, more piercing than the CHM. The CHM makes my ears hurt when you crack the throttle sitting in the garage. I have yet to run it with the quiet core insert so can't tell you how much it drops the db's. The Dr. D is a very nice looking set up; just too bad he doesn't make a full system yet.

Dave

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
the stock header give syou plent of gains./..there isnt much of a reason to buy any full pipe b/c they're relaly not any bigger & especially for the price you pay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts