Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 450r with a fmf full exhaust, header, and jetted. Looking for a some more punch! I am sure most of u are gonna say a cam but which one for bottom end power or should I just get the hrc kit? I also like the sound of the exhaust so I would like to keep it what DO U PEOPLE SUGGEST?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have an 05 450r with a fmf full exhaust, header, and jetted. Looking for a some more punch! I am sure most of u are gonna say a cam but which one for bottom end power or should I just get the hrc kit? I also like the sound of the exhaust so I would like to keep it what DO U PEOPLE SUGGEST?[/b]
U 4 sure need a cam and I would go with a hotcam stage II. If u have the time and the money do some port work on the head. That will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I wont recommend the 05HRC cam if you looking for low/mid power......

HCII....or 06HRC cam.... or 02CRF cam.... etc.....

and open your airbox up.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wont recommend the 05HRC cam if you looking for low/mid power......

HCII....or 06HRC cam.... or 02CRF cam.... etc.....

and open your airbox up.......[/b]
New to the quad seen so if u dont mind what exactly comes of the airbox? Just the top lid? and will I have to readjust anyhting after its done?

·
Registered
809 Posts
If you remove the lid, your gona want to bump up the main jet to a 185, you may even be fine since it was rejeted with the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Get a newer hrc cam a 05 hrc jet kit and a dasa intake, if that doesnt do the trick for you, wou will want a higher comp piston and a port job.

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
HCII!!! HUGE DIFFERANCE!!!!!! that and no lid, with proper jettin, you will be very happy!! If not. well.. Maybe even a 12:1 piston if ya got the $$, dont go 11:1 you wont notice very mutch.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Early HRC cam and higher comp piston :yes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts