Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my baby arrived today and the first thing i did was take the spark arrestor out
(Not needed here in the UK
). Now that's out, should i adjust the mixture?

NEVER had a quad until now...saw the TRX and it was love at first sight. Researched and read everything i could find on her. But i'm in a quandry about what to do regarding setup for MX, what size wheels and tyres do i need?....And do i adjust the sag as i do on my CRF250? I'm also a little concerned at how easy the stock tyres are to roll side to side, seems as tho they need 14psi not 4 to stiffen the whole tyre...i know thats not the answer, i need to reduce the sidewall size, but there's a minefield of wheel/tyre combo's i just need to know what the best sizes are for motocross, tracks are a mix of medium and soft so maybe a good intermediate if someone can help?

·
Registered
321 Posts
well for mx u want it pretty wide and you migth want to get it an ince or 2 lower to get a lil more balance. um for wheels and tires alot of racers here are running holeshot mx fronts and holeshot mx or mxr rears, maxxis has a 'link' if you will, of tires that go under the name razer, razer2, etc. and they seem really good too. they usually mount them on carbon fiber beadlocks for the weight factor and for how rigid they are.
-good luck and have fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts