Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a honda 400ex 2002.

I just blew my back right bearing. Then this caused damage to my axle bearing carrier and some wear to my axle.

I just got a new axle bearing carrier but im worried about my axle, on the left side there is absolutely no weare but on the right side there is a verry small amount of weare caused by the bearing that blew.

I am wondering what I should do about this. Any thing at all? I was thinking of putting lock tight (blue the only stuf I have) on it, I could always buy red if you guys think I should. And I realy dont feel like getting a new axle... Then if I dont do any thing what will happen? ty

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
some pics would definatly help on this, loctite or putting anything on it will not work its just not strong enough

how loose are the bearings on the axle? your either gonna have to run it like it is or get a new one or a good used one

BTW welding it back up and re-doeing it will not work either because it will make the axle weaker and it will more then likely break

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
if the wear on the axle is not to deep you might be ok. but like hondaman said, post some pictures so we know exactly what youre working with.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the wear on the axle is not to deep you might be ok. but like hondaman said, post some pictures so we know exactly what youre working with.[/b]
Sry I dont have a cam :-s. I just took a micrometer to it. And compaired to the left side, there is no more then 1mm diff.. I dont remember the actualy specs but its almost nothing. The left side was like 4cm And the right side was like 3.9 I think. I should be fine right? And ty

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
are you serious? 1mm? NO WAY that thing is toasted if its 1mm

1mm is 0.03937 basically 0.040 thousandths a bearing fit needs to be withing 0.0001

1mm small is about 1mm to small

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1mm is 0.03937 basically 0.040 thousandths a bearing fit needs to be withing 0.0001

1mm small is about 1mm to small[/b]
Rofl. You funny! You verry funny! Yeh...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

1mm small is about 1mm to small[/b]
1mm can just be a flaw of when it got made.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts