Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well right now I have the HRC kit and a ported head. I haven't got mine back together since I had the head ported so I haven't got any jetting done with the porting yet but I will probably have to drop a main jet size or two. I'll be getting a Full exhaust here soon too. Probably a Duncan system. Then once JE gets some hi comp pistons out I'll be getting me one of those as well.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I have the 02 crf cam, sparks air filter, sparks pipe, sparks jet kit, ac nerfs and stadium bumper.

·
Registered
497 Posts
lukestar, how does that crf cam work, is it a noticeable difference? if so where is the major increases, bottom, mid or top.
Joe

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It is more of a bottom end cam but it didn't make a huge difference. It also lopes a litttle now which is kinda cool. If I was going to do it again I would wait a couple more months and see what's available then.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have,
duncan full exhaust
duncan oversized valves/port/HD valve springs
duncan cam (mid/top end power)
edelbrock 45mm carb (43 bored 2 over)
k and n filter
itp c-series wheels with shredder 2 tires
elka dual rate w/resevoires up front.

ill post my dyno once i get it scanned,

its 72 hp at the crank, 67 at the wheels

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Wow! How hard is it to kick over? Which mods made the biggest difference and which ones made the least difference. Can't wait to so the dyno sheet.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by 450RandLRacing@Mar 20 2004, 07:31 PM
i have,
duncan full exhaust
duncan oversized valves/port/HD valve springs
duncan cam (mid/top end power)
edelbrock 45mm carb (43 bored 2 over)
k and n filter
itp c-series wheels with shredder 2 tires
elka dual rate w/resevoires up front.

ill post my dyno once i get it scanned,

its 72 hp at the crank, 67 at the wheels
WOW!! Congrats on the sweet R! Get some pics of ur R too! How do u like it compared to stock??

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its 72 hp at the crank, 67 at the wheels[/b]
thats pretty sick dude considering a 2001 F4I has 96.1 hp stock and the 450r is 20 pounds lighter. How does it feel riding a lightning bolt?

schmitthead

lets see the dyno sheet

·
Registered
13 Posts
there is no comparison to stock, the hp numbers are more the double, but it feels like 10 times more. the oversized valves/springs/port/cam was deffinatly the best, i havent been beat by a yfz yet, and ive raced a 500cc stroker.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can email the pic to me, or i can walk you through the process of posting an image.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got beat by a yfz today, i had the same mods from duncan as me (port, big valves, cam, pipe) but had had a 480cc stroker w/ (13.5:1 compression) i actually built it right next to mine but didnt get it finished until yesterday he only beat me by a bike length. if any of you guys want some work done from R&L let me know

·
Registered
311 Posts
Holy Sh*t, look at those numbers!

450RandLRacing's dyno numbers vvv

·
Registered
13 Posts
im currently working on a stroker crankshafter that will bring the displacement to 487cc's without touching the bore, its still experimental but if you guys are interested we will do this for you, i am looking to start a 450r team so if you choose to take my offer send your cylinder in an i will etch out team name into it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts