Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres my question. I havent ever really thought about doing any kind of competative quad racing untill I got my 450R and now I keep seeing GNCC racing pics and I think it would be alot of fun. I have also heard people talk about hare scrambles as well. Is this just like GNCC racing but a different organzation? I tried googling hare scrambles and from what I have read it there arent any here in Texas, mostly to the east of here. When I went to GNCCRacing.com I noticed the first race of the year is in Gilmer, about 2 hours to the east of here. That seems like it would be cool to try. Do you guys that race GNCC travel with them? I would love to but I got kids, a wife and a full time job. I dont know if I could do anything like that so it kinda strikes me as a wasted effort to try for only one event a year. Does this make any sense to anyone else? I would look into motorcross but I dont think it is really my style. O well I guess Im just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I raced the Spartan GNCC this year on a C'Dale and plan to race the Ironman as well this year but not fully sure. It's worth it to try out. Just enter First Year Racer or something and take a stab at it, or look for district races.

And on the MX thing. I was always a trail rider and racer and when I got the C'Dale I decided to try MX. Well, lets just say I'd rather ride MX than anything else now. Before I thought it was easy and dumb but now I can't get enough. Why else would I now have an MX ready C'Dale and am setting up the R for it as well? You should try both and see what you like. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Lason@Jul 29 2004, 02:44 PM
Well heres my question. I havent ever really thought about doing any kind of competative quad racing untill I got my 450R and now I keep seeing GNCC racing pics and I think it would be alot of fun. I have also heard people talk about hare scrambles as well. Is this just like GNCC racing but a different organzation? I tried googling hare scrambles and from what I have read it there arent any here  in Texas, mostly to the east of here. When I went to GNCCRacing.com I noticed the first race of the year is in Gilmer, about 2 hours to the east of here. That seems like it would be cool to try. Do you guys that race GNCC travel with them? I would love to but I got kids, a wife and a full time job. I dont know if I could do anything like that so it kinda strikes me as a wasted effort to try for only one event a year. Does this make any sense to anyone else? I would look into motorcross but I dont think it is really my style. O well I guess Im just thinking out loud.
me and you are in the same boat....Ive always wanted to try any kind of race, but it just seems like so much work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jul 29 2004, 06:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lason
@Jul 29 2004, 02:44 PM
Well heres my question. I havent ever really thought about doing any kind of competative quad racing untill I got my 450R and now I keep seeing GNCC racing pics and I think it would be alot of fun. I have also heard people talk about hare scrambles as well. Is this just like GNCC racing but a different organzation? I tried googling hare scrambles and from what I have read it there arent any here  in Texas, mostly to the east of here. When I went to GNCCRacing.com I noticed the first race of the year is in Gilmer, about 2 hours to the east of here. That seems like it would be cool to try. Do you guys that race GNCC travel with them? I would love to but I got kids, a wife and a full time job. I dont know if I could do anything like that so it kinda strikes me as a wasted effort to try for only one event a year. Does this make any sense to anyone else? I would look into motorcross but I dont think it is really my style. O well I guess Im just thinking out loud.
me and you are in the same boat....Ive always wanted to try any kind of race, but it just seems like so much work. [/b]
Exactly my point. Where do I find my local district races at anyway? I really like the thought of racing every other weekend or so, even if there are no points or anything but it seems like GNCC races are a all or nothing kind of thing. My problem with MX is this, I have alot of things I need work with like jumping primarely and in MX there is way too much of it to just jump in. Another reason for the GNCC route is I really like trails and I wouldnt have to change up my setup like I would if I made the switch to MX. For instance I dont think I would like long A-arms and a huge rear axle while trail riding only because it can get pretty tight as it is and if I wanted to be competative in MX I would have to go this route. O, well, I guess Ill just stick to rec. trail riding. Its so much more simple, lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go to the ATVA website and look up what district you're in. They'll list every XC, MX, TT/ST, SX, and more kinds of races in that and the surrounding districts. There's races every weekend around here in districts but we also have a couple points series's.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Psychosis@Jul 29 2004, 10:30 PM
Go to the ATVA website and look up what district you're in. They'll list every XC, MX, TT/ST, SX, and more kinds of races in that and the surrounding districts. There's races every weekend around here in districts but we also have a couple points series's.
Good info, too bad they are all in the Houston and Longview area. Both of which are 3-4 hours away :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
well i love the hare scambles.like you have always rode and wanted to race but didnt.since i bought my 450 have raced 3 hare scambles.2 in the "mid-south series" and 1 in the "GNCC".which they are all fun and everthing but if you go to GNCC you better bring your "A Game" lol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by harescrambler450r@Jul 30 2004, 08:11 PM
well i love the hare scambles.like you have always rode and wanted to race but didnt.since i bought my 450 have raced 3 hare scambles.2 in the "mid-south series" and 1 in the "GNCC".which they are all fun and everthing but if you go to GNCC you better bring your "A Game" lol.
Yeah I checked out hare scrambles too but there are none around here :( . I talked to a buddy at work today and he used to own a yammie dealership back in the day and he raced enduros. He was telling me all about it and he told me how his team was called "Team Budweiser" and they all rode with a crushed budweiser can in the back fender, lol. He was also telling me about how much fun he was having before he started getting REAL competative and warned me against it. He told me how they used to do gas stops and all the real competative teams would stop, rush to get fuel, and get a big mouthfull of gatorade before taking off again and his team would stop, take their time, get a big mouthfull of Budweiser and a hit off the "one hitter" and then take off again :lol: . Now mind you this was back in the mid 80's to early 90's so it was all dirtbikes. He said once he started racing for points it SUCKED because they were so serious that it took away from the "fun factor".

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As always, Gabe, YOU ROCK! Thanks alot!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lason

I race ATVCCS, STCCRA and OCCRA

I'm in Houston..if you have any questions about the classes or races let me know...I usually race Pro in all the circuits down here.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by sethg@Jul 31 2004, 01:31 PM
Lason

I race ATVCCS, STCCRA and OCCRA

I'm in Houston..if you have any questions about the classes or races let me know...I usually race Pro in all the circuits down here.
Very cool Sethg. I would like to get into something but the "hot spots" in TX for racing seem to be the Houston area and South TX. Up here in DFW there are very few races from what I can tell.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Lason

There are more races up there than down here (XC anyway).

ATVCCS is based out of Dallas and OCCRA runs most races right north of the Texas-Oklahoma border.

www.occra.com This group has a beginner class (not sure how they would like a 450r in that class) and racing in Rosedale, OK (right north of Ardmore, OK) on August 29...definitely worth a trip.

www.atvccs.com These are mostly all up in North Texas...I raced a XC race in Weatherford (www.rip-char.com) not too long ago with them, and they seem to like that track alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts