06, silencer/ baffle taken out, with a fully enclosed K&N filter

Thanks!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
What do i need for an...

Thanks!![/b]

By fully enclosed filter do you mean that the airbox lid is on? If this is the case you may not need to do anything at all but possibly go maybe 1 or 2 steps up from stock which I think is a 120

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
21 Posts
What do i need for an...

Thanks!![/b]

By fully enclosed filter do you mean that the airbox lid is on? If this is the case you may not need to do anything at all but possibly go maybe 1 or 2 steps up from stock which I think is a 120
[/b]

Are you saying that the 04/05 motor and the 06/07 motor is about the same? Where are they both jetted from factory? ( I was under the impression they are jetted differently?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definately feel like there needs to be a change in jetting...

I am atleast going to step it up a notch.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What do i need for an...

Thanks!![/b]

[/b]

Are you saying that the 04/05 motor and the 06/07 motor is about the same? Where are they both jetted from factory? ( I was under the impression they are jetted differently?)
[/b]
I don't know where the 04-05 machines are jetted at from the factory but I do know that the 06+ are a 120 from the factory, tht's what came out of both my 07s.

Just pulling the silencer out and running a different airfilter isn't really going to do that much to warant a big jet change if one at all. If you do need to rejet I would be shocked if you went over a 125. You may consider losing the airbox lid and then buying the HRC jet kit and installing the 162 main jet the 55 leak jet and the new needle, you will definetely notice a difference by doing this

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll do one step up for the jet and see what i think...

people have been saying its too lean from the factory, so i wanna say with no baffle and a K&N i should atleast think about bumping it up one or 2

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE(jdgates11 @ Aug 13 2008, 06:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=543248
<div class='quotemain'>What do i need for an...

Thanks!![/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I don't know where the 04-05 machines are jetted at from the factory but I do know that the 06+ are a 120 from the factory, tht's what came out of both my 07s.

Just pulling the silencer out and running a different airfilter isn't really going to do that much to warant a big jet change if one at all. If you do need to rejet I would be shocked if you went over a 125. You may consider losing the airbox lid and then buying the HRC jet kit and installing the 162 main jet the 55 leak jet and the new needle, you will definetely notice a difference by doing this
[/b][/quote]

Don't know what "stock" was for the 04/05. I had a 115 when I pulled it out the other day just after buying the machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts