Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome back, good to see a long-time member returning to the org.

What has changed? I haven't been a member long but I've been coming to the site for years. I know the site mods have changed and it is way more chill.

I'll tell you one thing, this forum is 100x better than the fb fan club. There is still great info and tips for every level and type of riding being posted here.

Main difference is just the obvious drop in posts per day and overall activity.

Sent from my HTC using tapatalk.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been out of the picture since 2008. I believe it is just mail order now. I purchased back a lot of the equipment and have been doing things on the side for people. Josh Hibdon 2014 pro rider of the year. He was running my cylinder heads for the 2015 season finishing 6th in pro and 4th in Pro am unlimited with stilling missing one of the seven races. Just kind of checking to see how much is going out there in the quad world.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not sure, I'll ask when I place my order in a couple weeks. I've never heard anything negative about their customer service or their products. They have a great deal going right now on a full exhaust.

Sent from my HTC using tapatalk.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2007 Ice racing season was the last year for racing. 2008 Little Sahara Dune trip with the Max Power RPM's crew was the last ride for me. JUst wrenching these days. Cars have gained my interest for a personal hobby.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
welcome back

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
lol not quite.. My last build made 80hp was a 06 motor 103 bore 0.8mm stroke (525cc) +2 head MR12 fuel.. the 90hp was a billet head RE 649cc. With the newer cam profiles and porting advancements in the last few years mid 70s are easy to achieve with just 500cc. No as for power adders RE made 138hp on there 575 turbo bike but the cases dont hold up to well.

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
Welcome back Joe.

The multiple Facebook TRX/450 groups have led to a bit of a decline in traffic to the forum. The bafoonery that goes on in the Facebook world is pretty hard to watch though; but it is useful for B/S/T.

The sport quad world seems like it has seen an overall decline due to the growing popularity of SxS's. MX and XC still seem to be pretty popular, and...myself and others have enjoyed the growing popularity of flat drags.

I'll second what Brandon said above...there have been quite a few awesome builds cranked out by shops around the US. Racers Edge, Oregon Coast Powersports, and Dynomite Performance seem to be on top of the game here lately and put out consistent results from mild to wild. Currie Motorsports has done some great builds as well but seems to be going away from 4-stroke work. Rage and DASA seem to be focused on mostly MX and XC riders lately (although I have seen a few impressive drag motors from Rage).

As for dyno graphs, Racers Edge has produced three different naturally aspirated 649 drag motors that make 89, 90, and 91hp. One of those has a custom billet head, the other two are still the stock cast head. They've also put out several other 575cc+ motors that make 80+hp and 50+tq. Most of the owners are members here.

OCP, Dynomite, and Currie have all had several builds well into the 80's for HP and 50's for TQ as well...all naturally aspirated.

Of course, all of these guys are still making great power out of smaller endurance engines too with the right combination. So, I believe things are still moving forward in the sport quad world...it just might not be as "public" or overall popular as it used to be.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
Nice to hear from you Joe... Hope all is well.... As you stated, nothing at all has changed ... Personally , my kids are all riders.... Finally !! And I have been having a lot of fun ... Most recently my ride of choice is a YZ450F.... As long as you port and cam them to stop or limit all the possible low lift intake reversion ...they can out torque and out respond almost anything.... Just have to take advantage of what Yamaha intended... And...
The valvetrain lasts 10x longer than anything else..
5 light and small ti valves ... No rocker inertia... Light springs is all you need for light valves... I have been doing heads on the 5 valvers for over a decade... And only one has ever had worn valves.. Rare to need valve adjustments.... Rarer still to need valves... Gotta love that in today's high output thumpers....

·
Super Moderator
2,304 Posts
2007 Ice racing season was the last year for racing. 2008 Little Sahara Dune trip with the Max Power RPM's crew was the last ride for me. JUst wrenching these days. Cars have gained my interest for a personal hobby.
I remember that trip all too well. We had a GREAT crew on that trip. Welcome back!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts