1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
possibly B) but then they might what to rack up some more dough for it. :huh:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I have heard rumors that it might be on the 2006, there are some people on here that have friends that work for honda that seem to be reliable sources of info so lets see if any of the respond to this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I almost bought another quad brand due to the kick start but after a couple of days its second nature to kick start, it saves weight, it saves money and there's less components to fail after all it wasn't long ago that it was unheard of to have electric start on an mx bike.......if we can roost, jump, wheelie, shoot whoops etc. why can't we hit the kick starter once....maybe twice. The convenience is nice but it's really no big deal to me now.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
who wonts all the problems that come with the electric start, it could be a nightmare like on the YFZ. Its a racing machine just kick.I guess autopilot will be next. hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by BOONE450R@Oct 9 2004, 01:08 PM
who wonts all the problems that come with the electric start, it could be a nightmare like on the YFZ. Its a racing machine just kick.I guess autopilot will be next. hehe
Yes for racing kick would be OK and I have hade bikes that were kick, but was just curious if they were going to offer it. I personally would rather wait another year and get one with electric start. I just trail ride and would be killing it on hills and akward situations for a kick. I thought you guys on here would have the inside scoop! If they don't offer it, I still want to get the R, but would wait a little longer if they offer electric in 06. I hope if they do offer e-start that kick will be a nice backup for those rainy days when the button don't work.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by BOONE450R@Oct 9 2004, 11:08 AM
You have to add a battery, wires and a switch, plus a starter, I like kicking it over.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by spincr4hire@Oct 14 2004, 10:03 AM
for now, the kick isn't a bid deal. Ask me again later when I stall it on a steep incline. :(
Hey spincr, have you though about getting a rekluse clutch? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The kick start was one of the main reasons I chose this Quad!!! Besides being a Honda with all the history of the 250R backing it up!!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I wouldnt get rid of the kick start for nothing. But one thing is for sure...If they make a starter for the bike, then you could use those parts and simply add it to any trx450r.....just buy the parts.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by cumberland@Oct 8 2004, 07:45 PM
Since the bike has an electric start option for 05, do you think the quad will have one as an option soon?  http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/m...odelId=CRF450X5
That bike on there is a trail machine for one,,,,,, where the 450R is a race bike. But ,who know's maybe so. I wouldn't want to add another 11 to 14Lbs to my quad. I always wanted a kick start quad and I can start that thing anywhere....

If you can't kick start it. Then buy a Yamahoopy!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Rico'450R+Oct 14 2004, 02:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-cumberland
@Oct 8 2004, 07:45 PM
Since the bike has an electric start option for 05, do you think the quad will have one as an option soon?  http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycles/m...odelId=CRF450X5
That bike on there is a trail machine for one,,,,,, where the 450R is a race bike. But ,who know's maybe so. I wouldn't want to add another 11 to 14Lbs to my quad. I always wanted a kick start quad and I can start that thing anywhere....

If you can't kick start it. Then buy a Yamahoopy!!!! :lol: [/b]
Nope I'll pass on the Yamaha..I really like the R

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by cumberland+Oct 14 2004, 02:49 PM-->
Originally posted by Rico'[email protected] 14 2004, 02:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cumberland
@Oct 8 2004, 07:45 PM

If you can't kick start it. Then buy a Yamahoopy!!!! :lol:
Nope I'll pass on the Yamaha..I really like the R
[/b]
Now that's what I'm talking about. Give me a R or give me nothing!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts