Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the engine rebuilt (04 trx) with Hot Rods HD +3 mil crank, JE's 13:1 piston, Tusk clutch, Cr500 clutch springs, HRC cam, new OEM valves and springs for the intake, new CRF valves and springs for the exhaust, a lot of port work on the intake and exhaust, and all new tranny parts and gears. I know there is more power to be made here with a good carb. I have heard good about both, but just don't know what carb to run. Oh also I race XC if that helps. Any opinions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
In my opinion, stay away from the edelbrock. You'll hear a lot more bad than good about it.

You'll be much happier with the performance of the FCR. It's proven.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I think a stock carb would make more power than a edlebrock, a bored fcr like a 43mm would be the way to go in your case

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
on this site theres more experience and owners of bore fcr's than edelbrocks.

the fcr has been proven to gain performance and work verry well on the trx's

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Couple more questions. How much should I expect to pay for lets say a brand new one and the price of a used one? Also where could I buy a new one and which of the FCR carbs should I get?

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
i would look for either a used YFZ carb or basically any year CRF450r carb and sen it to sredrum to have it bored out to at least 42mm

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would look for either a used YFZ carb or basically any year CRF450r carb and sen it to sredrum to have it bored out to at least 42mm[/b]
What does this cost to get done by sredrum and where is he located

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
not sure on sredrum's prices. but he is located in northeast ohio. toledo part of the state. thats not exact, but its close. LOL

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts