Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am quite new into modding and here in EU we don't have enough parts and modded hondas. So, i would like to know, what carb should i buy, i have big bore 510cc 05trx with stage 2 Cam and compression around 11:1, mostly racing hard country cross and from time to time some larger jumps. I will appreciate every help, thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
2014 trx450er
38 Posts
I am running the factory keihin carb for my 520 build, running 110 octane gas. Also would be good to specify what other stuff that is done to it. Did you have any head work done? I personally didn't have mine done, didn't have the time or money at the time. Should be alright to run the factory carb just get jets, I don't know your elevation, but for my elevation of about 1000 feet I am running a 205 main, and a 55 pilot. I know its probably to late, but definitely won't see the same performance out of the stage 2 compared to the 3. The 3 it top end biased compared to the 2. If you do want a bigger carb I have read some stuff on mikuni carbs, I believe a 48mm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running the factory keihin carb for my 520 build, running 110 octane gas. Also would be good to specify what other stuff that is done to it. Did you have any head work done? I personally didn't have mine done, didn't have the time or money at the time. Should be alright to run the factory carb just get jets, I don't know your elevation, but for my elevation of about 1000 feet I am running a 205 main, and a 55 pilot. I know its probably to late, but definitely won't see the same performance out of the stage 2 compared to the 3. The 3 it top end biased compared to the 2. If you do want a bigger carb I have read some stuff on mikuni carbs, I believe a 48mm.
Thank you really much i appreciate it

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,765 Posts
The carb on your quad and the carb on @rourke4 quad are two totally different carbs. However, your carb will be fine on your build, especially if you are doing woods riding. Some guys actually prefer the early carb for woods because it’s a bit slower to respond and less likely to put you in the trees. But if ultimate power is your goal, the later FCR carb will produce more maximum power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The carb on your quad and the carb on @rourke4 quad are two totally different carbs. However, your carb will be fine on your build, especially if you are doing woods riding. Some guys actually prefer the early carb for woods because it’s a bit slower to respond and less likely to put you in the trees. But if ultimate power is your goal, the later FCR carb will produce more maximum power.
Thank you for your concern, thanks to you and rourke4 i was able to decide to just rebuild Stock carb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts