Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking into getting an intake for my 06 trx450er and the two I have heard of is the dasa kit and the fuel customs kit. I am wondering if anybody has experience with any of these or if there are better ones out there.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
I have no experience with iether. But you could go with LSR aluminum box and put whatever filter you want. K&N , DASA, SPARKS (my preference). I prefer foam filters for riding in the dirt, sand etc. because it creates a lot more dust than people think and foam filters better I think. This is my set up.
Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive design Tire
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive design

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
466 Posts
I plan on putting a small fiter at the bottom of my box, like the one I have on the breather hose in my box
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
466 Posts
Although I’ve her FCI produces the mist power out of all others, but could be wrong. That’s what I’ve heard

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although I’ve her FCI produces the mist power out of all others, but could be wrong. That’s what I’ve heard
I plan on putting a small fiter at the bottom of my box, like the one I have on the breather hose in my box View attachment 153099
I have no experience with iether. But you could go with LSR aluminum box and put whatever filter you want. K&N , DASA, SPARKS (my preference). I prefer foam filters for riding in the dirt, sand etc. because it creates a lot more dust than people think and foam filters better I think. This is my set up. View attachment 153097 View attachment 153098
I’d go with vision air intakes
I’m thinking of the fci because from what I’ve heard and like bullvine said they have the most power

·
Registered
466 Posts
I’m thinking of the fci because from what I’ve heard and like bullvine said they have the most power
Yea if power is your main Goal then FCI is the way to go. When you get it installed send some pics. If you like. Have fun!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea if power is your main Goal then FCI is the way to go. When you get it installed send some pics. If you like. Have fun!
I probably won’t have it for a couple months mainly just doing the research before I buy it. Will definitely send pictures when I do though.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ok cool. How much does one run for anyways? Just curious, maybe it’s something I’ll switch too when I’m doing my engine mods

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok cool. How much does one run for anyways? Just curious, maybe it’s something I’ll switch too when I’m doing my engine mods
I believe it is around $215-$230

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where are you going to be ordering from? Rocky Mountain ATV .com? Or is there a better vendor out there?
Probably somewhere on eBay cause I don’t believe Rocky Mountain Atv sells it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would do a vision as well.
I like it the fci because it will let me use the stock airbox, will the vision let me use the stock airbox?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like it the fci because it will let me use the stock airbox, will the vision let me use the stock airbox?
It should work depending on which version you buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts