Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways we went to a dealer close to my home .we got hooked up with a salesman and for 30 minutes of bsing he gave us his best price ..................................................................$6700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(great deal rightlol).WE DID NOT BUY IT. got home and called my dealer in tucson and his price was $6000 OTD For the black 05s when they are in. But I have some questions ,how should I break it in?, what oil to use?,ect . I know a lot about it its just I dont want to jack it when I get it. thanks in advance

·
Registered
587 Posts
Before they put quads in the dealership, they set them up and dyno them in the manufacturers place (forgot which state its located that assembles the only 450r's in america). anyway, they set them up on the dyno and rev them to the limitor in nuetral.
then they run through the gears hitting the rev limiter through each gear. bottom line, break it in like you ride it. that whole deal about you taking it easy on breakin is BS, it will never let the quad get to its full potential that way. but you wont mess it up getting high revs in breakin.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hey Fender,
I live in the Valley here. Not sure if your dead set on an 05 or not, but go to talk to Brian over at Western Honda. He got my dad and I 04's for 5600 OTD and he had quite a few left. Or AZ Honda (probably the shop you called in Tucson) will give you a great deal. I have bought a few bikes from them and they have great service.

As far as break in he is correct saying that every bike is started and tested before it is even shipped out. Break it in like your going to ride it. You want to seat the rings good, but you don’t want to go around banging the rev limiter all the time either. A thread about break in can turn into 20 pages of argument and I don’t want to start it but that is my 2 cents. :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Would you like me to scan my sales receipt for you? I guess you have some buying power when 2 guys walk in with cash? I got it for 5600 OTD even... I know it was because I sat there and counted out 56 100 dollar bills. But when I get back from riding I will scan the sales receipt for you and post it right here for everyone to see :D

If you look in the AZ trader from a few weeks ago Brian ran an add for 5299 + T&L. That would still be less than 5900....

Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
dont feel bad guys i paid 7200 with the kit installed in early march. i just couldnt wait for the price to come down. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Jul 31 2004, 10:29 PM
Hey Fender,
I live in the Valley here.  Not sure if your dead set on an 05 or not, but go to talk to Brian over at Western Honda.  He got my dad and I 04's for 5600 OTD and he had quite a few left.  Or AZ Honda (probably the shop you called in Tucson) will give you a great deal.  I have bought a few bikes from them and they have great service.

As far as break in he is correct saying that every bike is started and tested before it is even shipped out.  Break it in like your going to ride it.  You want to seat the rings good, but you don’t want to go around banging the rev limiter all the time either.  A thread about break in can turn into 20 pages of argument and I don’t want to start it but that is my 2 cents. :lol:

Dave
yep thats the dealer . arizona honda(carlos is the guys name)

thanks for the tips guys . am I allowed to go all out when I break it in?.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
At Arizona Honda I have dealt with Mark. He has treated me well, gave me a great price, and he just goes out of the way to make things go smooth... that is his job but he does a great job at it. I was going to buy my R from them but they only had one and I needed 2 and it was just nice to get everything done at the same time from the same place.

Believe it or not, Western Honda is actually 2nd top seller of Honda motorcycles/ATV in the state of Arizona. Last I checked (when I bought my 04 CRF), Arizona Honda was the top seller in the state. They had 4 sitting on the showroom floor, plus the 2 we were loading into our truck, and Brian said he had at least 8 more in the back not to mention his warehouse... so he may have just been looking to get rid of them because that is a lot of bikes to sell in a short time to make room for the 05's.

I got a copy of it scanned, but do not feel comfortable showing my bikes VIN on a public forum so if you want to see the proof Desert just e mail me and I will e mail it to you.

But here is the break down...This is exact wording from my sales receipt...

Price of Vehicle 4999.58
Freight and Handling 0.00
Mechanical Breakdown 0.00
Tax 397.47
Dealer documentary fee 189.95
DEQ tire fee 0.00
Registration Fee 13.00

Total cash sale price 5600.00

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey bro 1 question, could I get this 05 for even cheaper ?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Honestly I don’t think you will get the 05's for cheaper or even the same price... Brain told me he already had 14 down payments on the 05's and that was 2 weeks ago. If you wait until the 06's come out you will be able to get an 05 for that price

But I know that AZ Honda has one and if you call Mark I know he will go to at least 5682.13... That’s what I talked him down to at least.
Best thing to do is just get out the phone book and start calling Honda dealers. Within 2 day's I called 23 shops around the state of Arizona and ended up 20 minutes from my house at the cheapest price. Once you get a low quote you will be able to start dealing because places will either match, beat or laugh at you to get your business.

Stay away from the Motorsports group as they will use at least 2 cans of Vaseline on ya. :lol: Its just a personal preference but call around and see who wants your money the most. Apache Honda quoted me a good price when I was in there, went back the next day to buy it and they laughed at me and said that I no body there would give me a quote that low, so I walked out.

Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey 5,900 doesnt sound bad i paid 6,500 + tax which came to something over 7k plus a warantee anyways the end result was 8,130. I know some people in another town but they couldnt get a 450 for a few weeks and i wanted 1 right then so i went with it, but it was worth it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well i beat them all so far ....i paid 9100 US....thats 5200 pounds sterling @ 1.75 exchange rate! which means......... u dont know how lucky you r!
Wish u could alll live where the grass is more expensive so u can all really appreciate how well u have it.......we pay around 6 or 7 bucks a gallon for gas too. Its cheaper for me to have stuff shipped from there than it is to buy at my local dealers!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by Limey450r@Aug 2 2004, 06:04 PM
Well i beat them all so far ....i paid 9100 US....thats 5200 pounds sterling @ 1.75 exchange rate! which means......... u dont know how lucky you r!
  Wish u could alll live where the grass is more expensive so u can all really appreciate how well u have it.......we pay around 6 or 7 bucks a gallon for gas too.  Its cheaper for me to have stuff shipped from there than it is to buy at my local dealers!
where do you live? wow thats crazy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts