Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be dumb, but is there any way to cut down on unnecessary parts to reduce significant weight without making it less reliable? It only weighs 320 wet right now (about 540 with me on it), but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
What type of riding do you do?

You could delete the oil cooler, remove all the unnecessary switches on the bars, get rid of the headlight and tail light and their respective wiring, get a parking brake block off and remove the OEM perch on the clutch side of the bars and get an ASV or something like that to shave weight. Get rid of the airbox and get a sock for your air filter.. take off the front bumper since it's pointless anyway... get lighter wheels and brake rotors, lighter piston... im about all out of ideas.

In the end if your a trail rider all of this will be almost pointless.

If your drag racing then race cut the harness, get rid of the front brakes and get drag wheels too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'll work on that, appreciated. I drag and race.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but at 220lbs your probably the easiest and cheapest weight to be lost. The bike shaving would gain you some but not a whole lot unless you do drastic cuts and $$$ lightweight parts as stated. I used to weigh about 205 I lost 25lbs and that was the best cheapest mod I have for my R. Someone on here said every 8-10lbs lost is almost = to 1 hp in acceleration don't know if that statement is true or not but in any case lighter = requires less force to do work over time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ive got my bike down to 255. Its has stock axle, subframe and seat, double a arm front end. It can be done but it requires alot of removing stuff. Bare necessities!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Daamm !!! I didn't know the 04 only weighs 320 wet

It doesn't. It weighs around 380. He must already have some weight savings stuff done to make it weigh 320..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, quite a bit has already been taken off. Thanks though guys, I'll probably do a bunch of those things, plus lose weight myself, I'm already working on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts