Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And heres our fix......

Not the prettiest but I hope it will hold now.....

We just drilled the frame bolt holes out a hair bigger and put a grade 8 bolt through them with a nut on the inside. The problem before this was I was shearing the top bolts..... I weigh 175....why does it keep breaking????

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm never seen that before, i hardly ever sit down so my seat gets little use[/b]
I never do either. I think it was a big flat landing when my hand slipped off the bar and I slammed down on the seat. Hopefully wont happen again!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
hmm never seen that before, i hardly ever sit down so my seat gets little use[/b]
I never do either. I think it was a big flat landing when my hand slipped off the bar and I slammed down on the seat. Hopefully wont happen again!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
\
who knows, but looks like you got it welded up really nice, i doubt it will do it again but ya never know

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good work! how did you know it was broken?

started rattling?[/b]
Haha......hardly. It ripped the bolt out of the left tab. sheared the right one. pulled my exhaust off the head pipe and pulled the carb off the motor. the front of the seat pointed up and the whole back end folded down on the axle. It was horrible. THe pull back to the truck was embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts

started rattling?[/b]
Haha......hardly. It ripped the bolt out of the left tab. sheared the right one. pulled my exhaust off the head pipe and pulled the carb off the motor. the front of the seat pointed up and the whole back end folded down on the axle. It was horrible. THe pull back to the truck was embarrassing.
[/b]
Im glad it wasnt me :bleh:

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

started rattling?[/b]
[/b]
Im glad it wasnt me :bleh:
[/b]
Understandable...... it broke that tab, those bolts, the subframe, the clamp on my pipe, and the whole assembly where the pipe bolts to the grab bar. Just ripped that rubber out of the grab bar and ripped the bolt out of the tab on the exhaust. What a pain!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

started rattling?[/b]
[/b]

ohhhh chit,, not pretty at all.
u lucky man, could of been worse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts