Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is any one running the white bros carbon pro?

does it give nice gains?
worth the $$$$

thanx

·
Registered
215 Posts
I dont know the exact gains on it, but i raced a guy that had an HRC kit and aWB carbon pro. It pulled like a frieght train. but 750-800 is alot for a pipe.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It will not develop a significantly different amount of power than any other straight thru exhaust - although they would like for the high price to make you believe that it does.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
everyone who makes pipes has (or should have) a dyno. so this way a theory only needs to be a theory until you bend it up, weld it ,and throw it on the dyno. also part of anyones pipe designing regimen should include dyno testing the prominent competitors systems i.e. there aint no "secret" if anyone can buy it with a phone call and a credit card. ALL current cannister sections have 2" diameter open core perf tubes. if that's magic, then they're ALL magic, right? most header tube sections are from 1.5" to around 2.0" and anyone with a tube bender (pipe mfgr) can cut and bend and take notes to quickly come up with their version of ideal. not exactly voodoo here either. if you think there is, the next time you need an amplifier for your tunes come see me and i will sell you the proverbial "straight wire with gain" to solve your space/mounting dilemmas

it would be interesting to see if some would start to comparison test systems on highly modified machines instead of comparisons to the stock exhaust on stock machines. a highly tuned bike will find the limits of a performance system whereas a stock bike will likely not.

unfortunately many (not all) shops do not own the units they test on, they merely borrow a bike long enough to check for fitment more so than ultimate performance. personally i believe you should be able to walk into one of the pipe mfgrs and ask to any machine for which a pipe is made and have it shown to you in their warehouse of bikes to prove they are in continual R&D....in a perfect world..........mixxer

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Aug 29 2004, 03:02 AM
ALL current cannister sections have 2" diameter open core perf tubes.
The Dubach slip-on for the TRX is NOT a 2" core ... Not even close ... Their core is 1.625 ID ... [/b][/quote]
I was thinking that same thing.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by mixxer@Aug 28 2004, 09:53 PM
  it would be interesting to see if some would start to comparison test systems on highly modified machines instead of comparisons to the stock exhaust on stock machines.  a highly tuned bike will find the limits of a performance system whereas a stock bike will likely not.

unfortunately many (not all) shops do not own the units they test on, they merely borrow a bike long enough to check for fitment more so than ultimate performance.  personally i believe you should be able to walk into one of the pipe mfgrs and ask to any machine for which a pipe is made and have it shown to you in their warehouse of bikes to prove they are in continual R&D....in a perfect world..........mixxer
I agree on both counts! :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It was in last months Dirtwheels, it was for YFZ slip-ons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the aluminum version which still has the titanium head and mid pipe. I bought it for $500 and it came with jets and a White Bros air filter kit. Got this pipe mainly because my local dealer had it on the shelf.

Stock, the TRX has decent bottom end torquey feel but was really dead after that. After I put in the HRC kit with cam, the upper pull was much improved but low end was lessened. It was a worthwhile change but still a little disappointing. I then put a smaller CS sprocket on. OK power but I weigh 200 lbs, ride the TRX in dunes, and am spoiled from riding a CRF in the dirt.

Then I bought the full pipe. The change was huge to me after I put on the WB pipe. Pulls very hard off the bottom, strong through the mid range, and keeps going. I was very happy with the difference that pipe made. I'm sure there are many pipes that work as good or better. It is a little too loud for my liking but I can live with that for now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
what is the difference between the WB carbon pro and the alum. one? is it juts lighter or does it actually perform better?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the aluminum one is made of aluminum and the carbon one is made of carbon fiber.
um, weight , looks and about $300 are the differences

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the WB Alum pipe installed?? post em if you got em. Im thinking about getting this pipe (or the HMF regular sport).

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
desert, thank you for the correction on the dubach core diameter. all apologies for my misinformation..............mixxer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts