Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Wayne National Forest the 26th-28th if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be staying at Camp Ohio off of Gore-Greendale Rd. Should be into camp no later than 6ish on Friday Night and will probably take a short night ride once we get setteled in. Give me a shout if you are interested in hooking up to ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride there alot until recently they've kinda ruined the place with all the work down around dorr run. FYI New Straitsville and Haydenville are both ATV friendly.
Breaking News, OMTA Action Helps make town ATV friendly! - Ohio Motorized Trails Association
Are you refering to the new bypass or the recent increase in patrols on the trails and the enforcement of the no booze on the trails? I heard last year that they ran off over 14,000 riders the previous year due to the increase in DNR officers.

I was there last October and the trails where ok, It was the first time in 10 years that we did not stay at Camp Ohio and so we had to trailer the quads in and out, and needless to say, with the changes to the roads we spent a good 1.5 hrs driving around trying to get to the a specific parking lot that we wanted to park at. oh well, we had fun!

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
Are you refering to the new bypass or the recent increase in patrols on the trails and the enforcement of the no booze on the trails? I heard last year that they ran off over 14,000 riders the previous year due to the increase in DNR officers.

I was there last October and the trails where ok, It was the first time in 10 years that we did not stay at Camp Ohio and so we had to trailer the quads in and out, and needless to say, with the changes to the roads we spent a good 1.5 hrs driving around trying to get to the a specific parking lot that we wanted to park at. oh well, we had fun!
It's the entire system they put in place that started 4 or 5 years ago. Passes doubled in price, state sticker/registration trippled (from $8-$24 for 3 years), rider count cut in 1/2 DNR Officers doubled and hassles quadrupled.
Never had stayed at any of the camps, alot of my buds do, I dont like the traffic from New Straitsville, mostly ride Dorr Run/ Monday Creek for day trips and the camping spots back between p4/p5 parking areas for overnighter/weekenders.
Drinking was never an issue for us sport riders until they banned it from camping spots within 100 feet of trailheads. :wtf:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts