Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine told me try out VP ultimate 4 in my bike, if I wanted some more power. Well I gave it a whirl a few weeks ago, and I really liked the power it made. I have read that it would add up to 5hp. Anyhow I ran 5 gallons through my bike and I had recently ran out so I have gone back to pump 93 octane gas, and I'm finding myself missing the power. I wanted to get some of you big motor guys' opinions on this stuff. Now I know this stuff is made for these new 4 strokes and its only 92 octane so its perfect octane rating for our bikes, but I wanted to know if there is anything else I should know about running this stuff. To my knowledge this stuff is oxygenated, and thats why it adds power. Now the power was great with this stuff, throttle response was way up and it reved faster. The only downside to this stuff is that it cost $57 for a 5 gallon jug. Any thougts?

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I used the stuff in my 250x and my 400ex and I liked it. If your going to keep that stuff around very long at all make sure you put it in a metal can, it doesn't take this stuff long to go bad otherwise and if its in you gas tank put a bolt in the vent tube for your gas cap so it doesn't lose its potentcy. The strong odor of that stuff was seeping through my plastic vp gas jug, its crazy how it does that.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strong odor of that stuff was seeping through my plastic vp gas jug, its crazy how it does that.[/b]
That was the other thing I didn't like, the smell seeped through my gas tank and stunk up my garage.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Thats the stuff i was useing for a while and it was awesome and i luved it as well... my buddy useD it in his YFZ and he let me use some... we both stoped useing it because it is not AMA legal... so we cant use it to race.......

It is Air Plane fuel as well....
and the smell takes for ever to get out of your garage also......... :mellow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts