Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a new frame, asked for the vin number and i got a picture. but nothing shows up with any decoder/vin check. any help?

·
Fairly fast foreigner!
3,583 Posts
I think I'm correct in saying not all states have titles / registration for ATV's.. maybe it's coming from one of those states..? So it's not in the "system".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah i see, says its comes with a bill of sale tho, would it be worth buying if it's not in there system

·
Truck Yea
5,289 Posts
Depends.

Where I live all you need is a bill of sale, get it notarized and your set when you register it.

Id pay less if it doesnt have an actual title.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its coming from Florida, i live in idaho. i never had to deal with 3rd party atv's before, this is my 1st time buying a frame

·
Fairly fast foreigner!
3,583 Posts
Post up where you are / where the frame is coming from... someone here will know the law.. or you can google it! Worth it? Depends on price / condition / risk your willing to take.. If it doesn't show as stolen in your state.. you should be ok.. I'd do a little more checking though..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im buying it for 250 (including shipping), im just going to get it powercoated myself. im in Idaho, and he is in Florida.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im buying it for 250 (including shipping), im just going to get it powercoated myself. im in Idaho, and he is in Florida.
Also, i had to change the engine out last year, would i have any problems getting it registered because everything is different?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I live in Florida and all bikes/quads here are titled and registered. If he doesn't have one I would question it.... of course he may have lost it or bought it without.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, Florida quads do have titles..I live here and I am actually in the process of gettin mine titled in my name..it is a pain sometimes to get everything together for the transfer, but they are titled here.

Sent from my iPhone.

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
some states only require bill of sale. The fact that is has that VIN perfectly labeled is not anything to be concerned about, it's clearly not been fabricated or grinded off. have somebody run the vin for you to make sure it doesn't come back stolen and you're set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts