Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a video of their ER starting? I am wondering if they start like crap like mine does, thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has a video of their ER starting? I am wondering if they start like crap like mine does, thanks![/b]
No way !!! my 07 starts insane!!!!
dont touch the gas at all when starting !!!
Sometimes I get up in the night cause my beasts starts its self out in my shed,,, I have to beat it back in and chain the bizniggle down

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You shouldnt have to turn your ilde up..... Iike jwilson said jetting is very important but the KEY to these machines starting well is the valves being in spec and most importantly the decomp is set to 65-70psi during cranking.

The last thing you ever do on these machines is give them gas when trying to start. That will cause the engine to kickback and can eaither destroy your starter/starter clutch, or even crack the case.

My method to starting which seems to work very good every time is

A. Turn on key
B. When cold pull out choke. (skip if engine is already warm)
C. Pump throttle ONCE to get some extra fuel into the engine.
D. push start button (NEVER HOLDING MORE THAN 10 SECS i personally never hold more than 6)

Hpe that helps. if you continue havin problems try adjusting you valves. Ill take a video of my 450 starting a little later today if the rain holds off.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
^^ yup like he said.

what mods do you have on your quad?
ill try to get a video up aswell, its a old vid, but still shows what u need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts