Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve heard a lot of different opinions from titanium to stainless to aluminum. Not sure where to go in the future when I get ready for valves or what the plus sides are to the 3 and down falls and what cam to run to maybe wake the motor up some nothing crazy will be fueled by a lectron carb when this is done also

· Registered
667 Posts
I sure hope no one is running Aluminum Valves lol. Aluminum Valves would break and or melt.

Anyways, As for what to use I highly recoment going with either Ferrea Stainless Steel or kibble White Stainless Steel. They're the way to go.

If you're going for pure performance and tear the motor down regularly then you would wanna go with Titanium.

As for a Lectron Carburetor here are my 2 Cents... They're not necessary for an Average Joe Rider (assuming you do not race) you're really not going to get a huge gain from a $800 to $1000 carburetor other them a lighter wallet. Unless you have a motor that is bored and stroked to the max and or do nothing but drag racing or racing of some sort revving your motor at 10K RPMS all the time then sure. You say "Nothing Crazy" to me ythat means you really should not waste your money on that carburetor. However, The Factory Kehin FCR Carburetors are more then enough (and very very good carburetors by the way)... even a regular off the shelf big Bore kit, cam, exhaust etc the OEM carburetor is more then enought. You can also bore the factory carburetor up to 43.5mm which picks up a significant amount of power even on a stock stroke/bore engine with just a Cam and exhaust.

As for the Cam Shaft a Stage 2 would Suit your quad really well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts