Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine ticks kinda under idle & louder when moving..is this valves? also, when its warmed up I give it stabs of throttle & it sputter & cuts out after a second...can this be other problems? theres no smoke or loss of power...if someone PM's me their phone number they can hear it over the phone

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
is it jetted? or is it stock? if its stock try cleaning your air filter. If its been jetted, its not correct.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i noticed mine does that when i stab the throttle quick and it cuts out. it was really bad with a k and n but i put the stock filter back in so it wouldnt do that as bad which it still does it alittle but i think thats because i cut the spark arrestor out.(what an idiot i am)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
and for the ticking i think it is the tranny.
i thaught something was rong with mine but come to find out it is fine so dont worry about it

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow...thanks alot guys..i think i may be over reacting...heres the story..I am running the stock air filter & have always ruin the airbox but for awhile I had the spark arrestor off...now I have it back on & I notice the ticking..i think i may be being paranoid though..everything on this baby is stock except the mobile 1 red cap synthetic oil I am running & also the engine ice...so the tranny makes a little ticking noise...would it do this at idle & be little louder when going? i think im gonna have to take these metal things wrapped around my header off & see if that fixes it..i know it could be anything but thanks for helping me out

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine makes a little bit of noise at idle too... i thought that they all did. i have heard others ticking away also. my valve clearance is fine. i think rider is right... probably the tranny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my engine ticks kinda under idle & louder when moving..is this valves? also, when its warmed up I give it stabs of throttle & it sputter & cuts out after a second...can this be other problems? theres no smoke or loss of power...if someone PM's me their phone number they can hear it over the phone

Ticking is definately the valve train not the transmission. Transmissions do not tick they clunk, and only under power not at idle. You problably have two issues at hand. Improper jetting, and bad valve clearance.

·
Registered
733 Posts
sorry then... mine "clunks" i guess. :wacko:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
when i got mine after afew weeks i heard that ticking and it is just the motor.
even dirtwheels said the tranny makes wierd noises its fine

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
jeez what happened in the reck

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from what I can really tell bent tie rod forsure...the tire also looks to be bowed sideways & the rim appears to be fine so I dont know whats wrong with it now..im gonna not touch it & take it to my honda dealer & beg them to fix it under warranty

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah..i think I have a 25% chance they will fix it and a %50 chance they will fix it if i buy the parts & a %25 chance they dont do a thing...i dont think it can be that difficult to figure it out though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts