Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda TRX450ER
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey first post here, doing my first valve job on my 08 TRX450. I pulled the cam out and had what I believe is called the plunger inside the cam fall out and I am unsure if it needs to go back in in a certain orientation. First motor work so might sound like an amateur haha. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are you just throwing new valves in? Or did you get the seats cut? I would advise to get the seats cut if you're doing new valves depending how the seats look. Now to answer your question on the decompressor pin the rounded side that looks like a BB on the end goes out with the Lobes of the cam if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2006 Honda TRX450ER
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you just throwing new valves in? Or did you get the seats cut? I would advise to get the seats cut if you're doing new valves depending how the seats look. Now to answer your question on the decompressor pin the rounded side that looks like a BB on the end goes out with the Lobes of the cam if that makes sense.
No I’m just re-shimming the valves to get the clearances back to spec. Yup that makes some sense, I’ll take a look at it and see what I can figure out. Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts